Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

Door pin stiff/not locking

My ns door doesn't lock with the central locking or with the barrel. When you try to push the pin down it is stiff like there is strong resistance against the lock. Fitted a new door lock today hoping it would resolve the issue but alas no it's the same :pukeleft:

When you lock the car from the NS the barrel moves freely and all the other doors lock except this one. Any ideas? Thought the rod to to lock might be bent but it's a little too cold outside to be pulling obselete trims apart :nono:

only way to find out is door card off and the plastic membrane , door lock off then you can see what the problem is , they are very fiddly to get to ,you need a small child that will do the job for you as it is almost impossible to get your hands in there :lol: . both metal rods hook on to a plastic piece . mine is broken so im givin up and just having the door pin stickin up for show ! after all its not like you use them is it . and you are right its to cold to be outside working me n matt took some more parts off the valver today it was bleedin parky !

Yeah, door card off anyway. But thought someone might have come across the problem before and would say what actually causes it. But it looks like i'm the only person who's had the problem :p