one_eyed_willy

Looking for a new car, dont hate me its not vw

Ive needed to get the rado off the road to do some welding and repairs, so id all ready been discussing this with the missus but as we only have one car its alittle awkward as she use's it as a daily.

she wanted to just get a banger so we didnt have to get a loan and take on more expense (which is the right thing to do)

but ive wanted a BMW E36 M3 for ages, which she knew.

2 weeks ago i got left 5k from a relative who died, so we discussed and she's happy for me to go ahead and get one :)

she did say, otherwise it would just get wasted on silly things like new tv, decorating blah blah blah. boring stuff

so now ive started looking, and know exactly what im after. But god damn every one is either in scotland or ireland!! (im on the southcoast)

oh well no need to rush.

so if anyone know's someone selling a M3 EVO 97-99 estoril blue coupe, with grey leather no more than 110k miles and Must have FSH

gimme a shout :)

also if anyone has any buying guides then all much appreciated. i know most but every little helps

one of my mates has bought a 328sport i think it is. he had the right amount of money to either get a really nice 328 or an average m3. he loves it. and they can be made muchos faster for not alot of pennies!

It's like a time warp for me this... I sold my first VR for a 96 E36 Evo, estoril but with black vader leather. Went like stink, though preferred the feel of the Corrado and all these years later I have one again.

If you love big power (and RWD fun) your going to seriously love it!!!!

Congrats! Do let us know your ownership experience.

How much did you pay for it? Bang for buck they seem to be very good value, but not sure if I would like it enough to swap the Corrado.

How does the M3’s ‘steering feel’ compare to the Corrado VR6?

You'll love the M3 mate. A friend has a 1997 M3 Evo with 17k on the clock (yes 17000 miles) - it is a timewarp and an absolute dream to drive! Those engines are just amazing! You will enjoy!

I had a 97 evo in Techno Violet . They really are such good cars. There is a mile of difference between a good one and an average one though. BMW FSH is essential though. On the Inspection II the valves need to be adjusted with the engine stone cold- so the car must always be taken to the garage the day before it is done.

loving the new car.

runs like a dream and is seriously quick, averaged 34mpg over 250 miles this weekend :)

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

DSCN0842-2.jpg

DSCN0841-1.jpg

DSCN0845-1.jpg

Thats lovely ...... estoril blue and white leather is the nuts !!

Your missus is understanding :thumbleft: