ray_vr6

Volt Meter Set Up

I'm installing an oil pressure gauge and a Volt meter to my 16v.

I understand the best feed to the volt meter is directly from the battery. I read somewhere that a "switched relay" to an ignition feed is then required but what kind of relay am I looking for?

TIA

If you've got an aftermarket stereo use the remote cable on that.

When you turn on your headunit your voltage display will turn on. That's what I did.

Do you want an accurate reading from the battery or just an indication of voltage? Most of the circuits fed off the ignition switch show a big voltage drop, all that old wiring and switch contacts. Best thing to do is fit a new fused relay to the battery and then use something in the dash as the switching feed to the relay, something switched on with ignition like the heater blower circuit or glovebox light. Just use a regular 12v 4 pin relay, from maplins, halfords etc... it will need an earth, +12v from battery, with an inline fuse, a feed from an ignition switched circuit and finally the feed out to your gauge.

Thanks Guys - I did want to try and get an accurate reading and as mentioned above I have read somewhere that the old wiring etc does lead to voltage drop - also I have already piggy backed off the glove box and ciggie lighter feeds for a lights on buzzer.

So I will source a 4 pin relay and mount as suggested

Thanks Again