seanl82

TPS cash sale Account for the Forum

I've read on other forums about the Forum holding a cash sale account at TPS. Anyone have a local branch where they could enquire about it to offer to this Forum? Seems like a great thing to utilise as a community if we could get hold of one, as most now are very strict on selling to Trade only. May have to come from one of the Admin staff possibly.......

Any thoughts?

Could potentially be a massive help!

I no longer have a local GSF (Which was run by the best guys you could wish for), and now the Vw dealer has closed down as well! Nowhere to get parts anymore. I used to be in both places all the time with parts lists printed off from etka.

I'm on a local forum that has discount at TPS, we get the discount at Norwich and Ipswich.

One of the guys that works there is also on the forum but you could give them a call as a starting place see how that was setup, the guy to speak to at the Norwich branch is Matt Hunt (miff)

what sort of discount are we talking about is it a Trade discount or just a 8 percent discount which they normally give to the public anyway.

I've no idea tbf. It's kinda second hand information, one forum saying that other forums have it. Even if its 8% discount, the fact that most won't sell to the general public any more anyway would be a blessing. Trade discount would be better though obviously! Being a relatively small community may be advantageous though, as most owners are now enthusiasts and would do their own spannering. This could only be of benefit as it won't be like every man and his dog will be using it. Figuratively speaking, if one of the Admin hold an account Number for the forum, and we have to PM him to get the number, this can then be regulated so as not everyone can get access to it through a google search.

Its an option at the end of the day. I'd do it myself but as there isn't a branch too local to me and I don't hold an account, it may be better coming from someone face to face, who's familiar and has a good rapport with the staff. All that's mentioned here could be said to kind of twist their arm maybe............

We get trade price plus some discount, but the trade price depends on what it is, service parts can be really cheap.

Some parts I'vebought have been 75% less than the over the counter dealer price

i have a trade account with the bristol branch, but unless you're local by the time postage [and me collecting and posting etc] is factored in the prices really aren't that great.

it's not that i wouldn't want to help someone, but for me to spend a couple of hours collecting, paying for, and posting a part out to save someone a few pounds really doesn't seem worthwhile. I'd say use your local dealer for parts gsf/euro can't supply and blag as good a discount as possible!

I wasn't under the impression that the account numbers were branch specific? As I've mentioned above, if they are available to other forums, an admin could hold the account number, and we PM them asking for it when required, to quote over the counter for cash sales maybe.........

hi

you can also do this with halfords

we have upto 75% off on some items all through a friends daughter walking in and asking for a trade card for a company we made up!!##

cheers paul

Halfords is easy to get a trade card from. Anyone in the engineering trade be it motor or not, can get one with proof. I got one with production of my forces ID card, and just had to tell them I was an engineer. (I am, but if I'd lied they wouldn't be any the wiser.)