Sign in to follow this  
Yash

Best oil for a 1.8 16v

Hi,

Bought a 1.8 16v corrado but I've had no money to be able to put it on the road. So now I've got a bit of money, I'm getting insurance, and the cars going in to the body shop for a re-spray. The problem is it has been sitting round for the last 5 months in my drive and before i bought it it was sitting in the previous owners drive for 6 months so it hasnt done much running. Was planning on doing an oil change on it this weekend and was wondering what was the best oil to use on the 16v. The cars done 94K if that helps, I was thinking Castrol GTX magnatec 10w40. Also is there anything else I should do becuase the cars been standing for so long. Once its got its MOT and that I'll take it for a service I just dont want to run it at the moment with the dirty oil that it has in it. I was also thinking of using the Slick 50 engine treatment. Anyone tried this?

Any help much appreciated.

Easy IMO, always use only genuine VW oil filters, and for the oil for the 16v stick with VW Synta Silver (Semi Synthetic). Good quality, original VW specfication, and not too pricey!

Chears for the help. Is the VW Synta Silver oil the same as the quantum silver they sell at GSF? Any thoughts on the slick 50 engine treatment, was thinking of using it as i will also be using engine flush.

I used to use slick 50 years ago I think it made a differance but that was a fiesta !

its supposed to stop friction and we all know that can cause burns :wink:

I dont know if it would interfere with the synthetic part of any oil though,any thoughts ? :?: