Craig Lovelock

G60 Corrado - Barn find but how much to offer?

Hello, first post here. Seems the best place to ask...

I have come across a yellow g60 thats been sat still for just over 2 years in a field.

The deal is:

- Engine was running when put there, but by now I imagine full service and fuel tank drop and clean. Worst case rebuild?

- Charger will probably need a rebuild too?

- Discs and pads for good measure

- Needs new door locks and ignition barrel

- Needs front seats + misc interior parts

- Resprayed (not well) so paint might not come up perfectly

- Currently unsure on mileage

With all this in mind, what would be a fair / maximum price to offer? I could buy a clean one, but it needs saving from the field.

As far as I know its water tight, but there is currently no rear lights so the holes there may have let water in. I am seeing it again another day when I can check all inside for rust etc but need a ballpark figure?

Thanks!

It wouldn't be much if it was me, no more than £500 and I feel I'm being generous there, your description makes it sound like a breaker/parts car

I wouldn't be offering a lot. It sounds like you could be picking up a bill for a potentially badly rotten shell, in need of another full respray and an engine and / or charger overhaul - not to mention having to recommission the braking system, etc etc.

If they'd take a couple hundred quid for it, then great. If not, spend your money elsewhere in my humble opinion!

I wouldn't be offering a lot. It sounds like you could be picking up a bill for a potentially badly rotten shell, in need of another full respray and an engine and / or charger overhaul - not to mention having to recommission the braking system, etc etc.

If they'd take a couple hundred quid for it, then great. If not, spend your money elsewhere in my humble opinion!

agree.. if they want top doller... go and spend the money on a car that's running with known history... calipers will be seized too.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Was struggling to find someone who knew what price to offer but it seems £500 is the maximum.

I'm going to have another look later this week and will check out the shell.

Looking online and some seem to sell for £5k yet other running but not mint sent for 1k etc. difficult to judeg

Without seeing it and going by your description I'd say £300-£400 at the most, restoring an example like that to even a half decent standard will cost you thousands!

I would stay away, they demand enough cost when on the road, let alone that, sounds like a mammoth task and you would get one tax'd and mot'd on the road for 1500

I would like to restore another one if shell is not like cheese and not so far from London if You will not take it...