thomastamar

Buying my first Corrado

I am going to look at a 1993 VR6 on Saturday. I have done a lot of research into the cars, but the best people to ask are obviously those that own them themselves!

Can you please advise me on anything to look out for when buying a VR6...is there anything specific i need to be aware of?

also...Insurance. I have been given a classic car quote, are any of you insured with a classic policy? are there specifications that you need to fit into to qualify for Classic?

Cheers in advance,

TP

See if things like suspension bushes etc show any signs of being replaced etc. Suspension parts can quickly add up. People tend to replace alot of things at once if nothing has been done.

Cooling system can be prone to getting old and leaking.

Ask if clutch and/or timing chains have ever been done. That's the main thing engine wise. The rest is usually sensors or electric parts like maf amd isv or coilpack etc.

Check the abs light comes on and goes off again. That can be an mot failure.

Rust around the windscreen and bottom corners of wheel arches and fuel filler seem to be the common places.

Am sure there is a buyers guide on here somewhere.

I use HIC for insurance. Phone them up and they know what a corrado is and seem to give me the best quotes.

Yep, print off the buyers guide and take it with you!

Classic insurance policies are generally only available if you are over 25, and they tend to be for SDP only. Most have limited mileage too and obviously the lower it is (1-6k miles max usually) the cheaper it'll be.