Bengould

New owner, new member.

Hi all,

Have just become the proud owner of a corrado 16v so thought I'd better join a forum.

Have had a few mk2 Sciroccos over the last 6 or so years, from my first 1.6 8v auto to my current 20vt. Had a lot of fun.

Spotted a bargain on gumtree the other day, went for a look tonight and ended up bringing it home.

Needs a little TLC, as most cars of a certain age do, but nothing I can't manage to get sorted.

Long term plans I'm unsure, may just run it as is may stick my 20v engine in at some point.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have plenty of reading to do and you'll all get plenty of stupid questions. Will get some pics up soon.

Wish me luck.

Ben.

Hi Ben, Radorocco from the Scirocco Register here. Welcome to the forum and Corrado ownership. They're great little cars. Wish you all the best with your new (ad)venture!

Cheers

Jeff

Hi,

I recognise the username, have probably exchanged advice (good or bad, either is a possibility) at some point.

Was a totally unplanned purchase, was just starting to get things together to rebuild the rocco and it came up for a reasonable sum, so thought sod it.

Will be getting a good once over on Thursday, and I'll make making a list of things to buy/fix. The first of which will be the clutch, it works when it feels like it. Pretty sure it just needs bleeding but if that doesn't help will be needing a new slave/master cylinder.

Ben.

Well, as promised, here she is.

DSC_0129_zpsbcxb81yo.jpg

Got a bit of work to do on the Subaru in the background this morning, but hopefully will be able to have a look at the clutch problem this afternoon.

Ben.

That is one smart looking Rado.

Cheers, it's clearly had a respray at some point in its life and unfortunately there are a few areas that need attention. Which probably means I'll never get a decent paint match in these areas. But overall the bodywork appears to be pretty good.

As usual at this age a lot of the black plastic isn't very black anymore too, but this is something I'm very used to with having several Sciroccos prior to this.

I'm sure I'll find plenty more to moan about, but overall it's not a bad car, just a few minor issues which can only be expected at this age.

Ben.