Dox

Keep it real

Its only metal, glass, plastic etc. Its replaceable, life isn't, let them have it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39690491

Its very sad that the unscrupulous can take something we've strived for, but its not worth losing the most precious thing we have?

RIP Michael Samwell

I saw this over the weekend. Scary stuff.

Things like this put me off buying a nice new car, just stick with the old bangers that nobody is going to want.

Exactly. Sold my Fiesta ST partly because of this. I know it's "just" a Fiesta but you wouldn't believe how popular they are with the scum.. they're getting nicked ALL the time.

Came out one morning in January to find both my front windows put through on the car and the wing mirror kicked off. OBD port access door was open, but car not stolen for some reason. Found subsequently that at a previous service, someone from Ford had yanked the fuse for the OBD port and that was enough to confuse the scrotes, as presumably they plugged in their tool for coding a key / hotwiring the thing and nothing happened. I guess they put through the passenger window and booted the mirror off, out of protest at not being able to nick my car. Decided the car needed selling ASAP after that as they'd obviously know where it was and would just wait for me to repair it before having another go.. what's the point in that kind of attention for a sodding Fiesta!

I saw this over the weekend. Scary stuff.

Things like this put me off buying a nice new car, just stick with the old bangers that nobody is going to want.

It shouldn't put you off anything, its insured let it go.

My other half Scirocco has a lovely dent in the rear quarter from someones door......

Since scum nicked my sisters scirrocco I have been putting my Golf 6R in the garage with extra locks on the door. There's a 7R a few doors down that is left on the drive overnight and I'm curious to see how long that will stay there

Edited by rado20vT

Exactly. Sold my Fiesta ST partly because of this. I know it's "just" a Fiesta but you wouldn't believe how popular they are with the scum.. they're getting nicked ALL the time.

Came out one morning in January to find both my front windows put through on the car and the wing mirror kicked off. OBD port access door was open, but car not stolen for some reason. Found subsequently that at a previous service, someone from Ford had yanked the fuse for the OBD port and that was enough to confuse the scrotes, as presumably they plugged in their tool for coding a key / hotwiring the thing and nothing happened. I guess they put through the passenger window and booted the mirror off, out of protest at not being able to nick my car. Decided the car needed selling ASAP after that as they'd obviously know where it was and would just wait for me to repair it before having another go.. what's the point in that kind of attention for a sodding Fiesta!

That just sucks mate, sorry to hear that.

Time for another Corrado then Jim? :)

It shouldn't put you off anything, its insured let it go.

My other half Scirocco has a lovely dent in the rear quarter from someones door......

True, and I'd never stop someone at the risk of my own safety but I also don't want someone breaking into my house, with my wife and child in there, looking for the keys to my nice car either which you seem to hear about all the time as well.