fla

Ulez emissions

Just a thought about Ulez. Can your mot centre check and see if the car is ulez compliant eg if it has a newer style of engine that is ok for ulez? Eg an r32 in a corrado?

On mine, its now OBD2 plus schrick. Now whether these affect emissions i don't know, but if they do then could it then be reclassified as in line with eg Euro 4, if the standards are met?

Theoretically it is possible - change the engine for a Euro4 or better, ensure the catalytic converter is just as good as Euro4 or better. Notify the DVLA of engine change and also have an independent emssions rolling road test, not cheap apparently but can't find any info.

https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/service/clean-vehicle-retrofit-accreditation-scheme/

• This is possible, however there are no CVRAS approved re-powers for cars. This kind of conversion would be a DVLA notifiable modification in terms of engine number and engine capacity, but it would not lead to a change in emission values as stated on the vehicle’s V5C document (logbook) unless an expensive full rolling road emissions test is conducted to obtain the new emission values. This test would need to be conducted at a Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) approved test facility and cannot be conducted at an MOT test centre.

I'm in Cheshire so I've not really followed this TBH, would an LPG conversion help with ULEZ?