Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

MOT FAIL :(

Car failed today. Needed a few new thing but the major one was the R/H lamp reflector has gone so that is £91 from the off :( Gutted!! Add £40 for the MOT and the pipes and bushes that need doing.... Poo

That's quite a low number of faults for a car of that age tbh.

What pipes need doing? Brakes? Hope not as the rear ones are nasty as it's an axle and exhaust down job.....luckily Stealth spotted mine were badly corroded when it was in for something else, so changed them for some nice new copper lines.... if the rear axle bushes are dead, that would be the time to do the brake lines.

You can change the rear rubber brake lines without removing the axle or exhaust. Well you could on mine, not sure on Corrado but probably. You gotta hope the metal ones dont break when removing the rubber ones though!!

took it to my next doors garage who do the work but they take it down to farrer road for the MOT and they are very fussy which is good and bad in a ways. Its rear bushes and front brake lines. i guess it isnt too bad just a shame the the front lights are £100. oh well

Rear bushes is a bit of a big job. You could always try fobing them off. Tell them about the passive rear stearing and there's supposed to be play. :lol: Front brake lines, I assume they mean the rubber ones. Good oportunity to go for Goodridge hoses. Just had Graham Miller in Penmon help me do mine. You take your car there sometimes dont you?

Ive been there but never had chance to take the car there for anything. Phil used to take his there alot and pegg's swears by him too so will try and take it there for a service and a tune at some point i think.

got spare h/lamps for u if you want come round and have a dig through my corrado scrapyard!!!!!