Sign in to follow this  
edd

new model RH 8 X 16 alloy - opinions please

Right firstly an apology mods kind of a replica post but i edited a previous post of mine that was originally slightly different topic and didn't get any replies. (im ready to order)

So here's the wheel in question 16 x 8 offset says 50 in pic but styledynamix are checking that out for me.

Will be on a vr you reckon they'll fit/look right? cars dropped 40 on H&R and TA's. Would like them to fill the edges of arches nicely if possible - want at least a touch of the wide ass look...but without the arch work...and keeping my lovely smooth suspension!! :D :D

will want a slight stretch on the rubber

Opinions and advice please..go on shoot me!

(yeah and im not massively keen on the rim bolts either, but reckon they kinda work!)

Edd

i reckon it'll need to be lower than 40mm to look REALLY good, but should look nice all the same. ET50 isnt going to go directly on :? and to get it down to acceptable VR offset you'll need some fairly major spacers, which I've never liked using.

Hmmm might have to pay styledynamix a visit and see if i can get a butchers at some. what sort of offset would be ideal with these. Is it just a case of getting as close to the vr's 43 as possible or would it need to be less than that due to the extra width of the wheel and my desire to get a bit of the wide look!

PHIL K Random question do you/did you work with a chap called Rob Castle? a good mate of mine from uni days - sure he told me he works with some one called Phil whos mad on corrados and uses this forum lots.

Apologies if not

Cheers

Edd

Keep the opinions coming people - im rubbish at making decisions!! specially when they involve ££££'s

I believe NickVR6 has em on his, clicky they look the shizzle.

Edit: nope they are a bit different, yours have less bolts, but you get the idea.

best thing is they are £115 per wheel... pretty reasonable for an Rh rim i reckon!

right best quote £455 inc vat and delivery :D - just need to decide on offset - as they are Rh rims they come with the adaptors and bolts to enable the offset change etc. Im told i can take them down to an offset of 25 if i want. Can anyone confirm i shouldnt have any problems with this on my setup!! Please im scared eveything i buy always goes wrong!!