Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Exhaust backbox question..

I've got a late stainless backbox I'm looking to get fitted on Friday, however after having a closer look lastnite, mate & I noticed that the hangers on the car are different shaped to ones that are fitted on the stainless backbox :roll: the car had early hanger type, were as the backbox I've got has later rod type hangers, my question is can I mod the box to fit? or am I better of getting one that actually fits my early Corrado?

The backbox came of a 2.0L Corrado..

Please help.. :(

Hi,

The box that you have is easy to adapt mate - i had mine adapted to fit as it had the wrong hangers on- just get you local exhaust fitter/ garage to weld an easily fabricated bit on - they could even cut and well the one off your exsisting box- shouldnt cost more than 10 sheets :D .

what make is it bally?? i take it its 2nd hand then...when i looked under mine it has the std zorst system, but it looks as if the car has 3 silencers??

its a J plated 1991 1.8 16v...so does it still have no CAT?

when it comes to exhausts...what do you 16valver drivers normally buy? 8)

I have just taken a full Powerflow system off my 1991 1.8 16 valve.

I will be selling it on the Forum once I take pictures of it, and write the ad....

I had a Supersprint full system fitted last week.

Easy Sanj

Yeap is 2nd hand, not sure what make as the stickers come off, but its like new condition, not sure how many silencers the corrado has to be honest, I havent looked under myn yet! got as far as checking the shocks and the backbox..

as for it having a car, thought any car registered after 92 was fitted with a CAT? you would have to ask mate, sure somehere can help... :D

as pipes go, everyone seem to go for different things, Scorpian, Miltek, supersprint, etc, others have get systems built from powerflow, I'll admit I've had em built on previous cars, see what happens with the corrado... :D

I'm probly not far from you mate, Wootton fields.

1.8's don't have the knock sensors, lambda probe and ecu to work with a cat, they simply have an all in one downpipe and first silencer like the golf 2 16v, much better as the system breathes better than the 2.0's with the cat.

David.

what make is it bally?? i take it its 2nd hand then...when i looked under mine it has the std zorst system, but it looks as if the car has 3 silencers??

its a J plated 1991 1.8 16v...so does it still have no CAT?

when it comes to exhausts...what do you 16valver drivers normally buy? 8)

is it stainless steel Bally? think that can be a bugger to weld and needs special stainless welding equipment?

David.

Cheers for the reply mate, thats what I was thinking of asking them to do...

Hi David

Its me Bally :D Thanks for poping over lastnite, your cars very nice, very nice indeed :D

We'll see what happens Friday with the exhaust.. :D

I have just taken a full Powerflow system off my 1991 1.8 16 valve.

I will be selling it on the Forum once I take pictures of it, and write the ad....

I had a Supersprint full system fitted last week.

goodluck with selling it, what tailpipe etc has it got BTW?

Hi Bally,

I just sent you a PM.

It's a big Oval shaped jobby. Pretty loud, and pretty mean sounding - but not much fun on a 4 hour + motorway journey, which I do quite a lot.

So, it had to go!

I do alot of motorway driving too, so don't want a headache at the end of my journey :lol:

Hi Bally,

I just sent you a PM.

It's a big Oval shaped jobby. Pretty loud, and pretty mean sounding - but not much fun on a 4 hour + motorway journey, which I do quite a lot.

So, it had to go!

No Pm matey :roll:

*Update*

Still havent had it fitted, some peeps are saying the 2.0L pipe won't fit my car?? the hangers are totally different as I've had it up on the jack to have a look, it needs modded stainless ones welding on etc to make it fit..

Tried a few places this morning but no1 wants to touch it, got it booked in at Xtreme now for this Friday, they should be able to make it fit, only thing is there going to charge more then what I wanted to pay, oh well :roll: