Sign in to follow this  
trevor

20v turbo

hi i'm new to this forum . i've got a caddy mk1. but i've just finished fitting a 20 v t in my other project car a corrado and now i finally got it started. just a few wires to put away . any one done this conversion know how to link up my rev counter to this engine ? its running the standard ecu with a chip change from AMD .any help would be app

welcome to the forum, try jabba sport for the conversion module to get the rev counter working on the original corrado clocks

welcome to the forum, try jabba sport for the conversion module to get the rev counter working on the original corrado clocks

thanks for your reply .

any idea of cost ?

trevor, Hi mate, you wouldn't happen to be the chap i bumped into with the nugget yellow c in yuor garage around sept? i was the drunk guy coming out of lauras (next door) and hada chat with you about it, was shocked to see a nugget c next to my mates house undergoing a 20vt conversion! as i was saying i had the blue g60! hope alls going well! craig.

hi mate yes thats me .. . got it going now i had a problem with the ecu but its all sorted now . . just waiting for some pipe work . had to wire in a fault code reader . drive by wire is all done .how goes things ?

sounds like you've been busy then, bet it'll be a beast when its all done, iv been having problems with the abs after a garage changed my rear discs and pads but used the old abs rings so now i think they've gota strip it back down to put some new rings on, pain in the arse! due a service too but im not sure who to take it to, preferably someone who knows g60's local to me or ill have to make the trip to g-werks who i know i can trust, just petrol to get there and time?

no that much differance to other vw's i know a place in portsmouth that i've used befor . . vw city . . old friends of mine . vince .his number is in the book

thanks for your reply .

any idea of cost ?

About 45 of your english pounds I think! Have one on mine, works a treat!

i.m going to fit polished little studs to show mhp and rpm but not numbers . orange studs for rev limit .

they are from a 16v corrado . original clocks . just mede the faces out of carbon

Trevor, didn't know it was Nugget Yellow! Bloody Hell Thats 3 Nugget Yellow 20VT converted Corrado's I know about Now!!!

Gonna Sell mine and start again with a blackberry Pearl Mettallic :(

fit polished little studs to show mhp and rpm but not numbers . orange studs for rev limit .

Thats certainly different! Will that get through the MOT ok?!

start again ???? not many around . i've not seen another around here . .

Well I know of 3 20VT Nugget Yellow Corrado's now!It's all good I spose :)

yours is the only storm one though steve ;)

y'know, i kind of wished i kept my yellow one now y'know....it would have been on the road ages ago by now....

Hi im new this site. I need some info on 20vt for corrado. I have put 20vt bam in corrado. just wanted know witch brakes i can use because my corrado was 1.8 16v. can some one help me plz..

Hi im new this site. I need some info on 20vt for corrado. I have put 20vt bam in corrado. just wanted know witch brakes i can use because my corrado was 1.8 16v. can some one help me plz..

How Long is a piece of String??????? Whichever ones you want, easiest upgrade is to G60 280mm, then theres late VR6 Golf/Corrado 288mm but you'll need to change the hubs, Leon/TT 312mm, brembo 305mm or the Cupra R Brembo's, Get some off a Porsche etc etc etc

The decision is yours!

i've got the tt 20v on my 16v all 312mm of them . takes a little work but it can be done . get 3 mm milled of the carrier and re drill the disc to 4 stud .

If lets say i wanted that engine in my car would you do it? and how much? roughly!

Who Me or Trevor????