Sign in to follow this  
Dubsingh

got me a g60

hi all

i have just recently picked up a corrado g60. bought it of a guy who reckoned the banjo bolt was crossthreaed hence the car loosin oil. managed to get that sorted out before i drove of. everything was fine till i got onto the motorway. had white smoke and oil out of the ehaust....im baffled as what it could be?

the charger has been serviced 8000 miles ago. any so i stopped at the side of the motorway to see what the problem was i thought the nut had worked loose......but nope it wasnt the nut there was oil dripping from the black plastic box on the outlet side of the charger.......so i topped up and drove slow...again 30 -40 miles the buzzer cum on again so i stopped and topped up..everytime the car is on boost it kicks out oil smoke....what should i check....is the charger knackered?....or is it the engine....i dnt knw

it drives fine and boost nicely pulls strong...bt its pissin oil out of the black box thing onthe outlet side...also the breather seemed to be choked with oil....

can any one offer advise on the steps i need to take...will try and post pictures.....an one got any idea how to run the car without the charger....is this advisable?

ps when runnin i can smell oil coud be the oily mes under the hood or is it coming out the exhaust???

would it be cheaper to source new engine or just fix this oneIF the engine is bust.

any help will be most sppriciated thanks in advance.

Yep, sounds like a charger oil seal to me as well. If it is that then it's an easy fix (for G-Werks anyway). It can be run without the charger but you'll need a different belt (and it will feel slow). Have a chat with G-Werks and they should be able to help.

ok guys update me and dad managed to get the charger off and split it looks like the seal on the oil in let side was letting all the oil in...ordered a new one should have it fitted tomo...but need to knw what shall i coat the vanes in as we cleaned all the fouling of oil in the charger.

had to take the intercooler of too and rmove all the oil sitting at the bottom of it....gosh wat a mess one stupid seal makes......

hopefully it should hold out till i get the money togetha to get me a rebuild or new charger just for the peace of mind.

just to confirm which way does the seal sit back in ....want to see if it was installed properly in the first place

ok guys i replaced the seal and guess what....there is still oil mist coming from the black box bolted to the end of it....does this mean rebuild of the charger......???????

it dosent seem to be smokin as bad as before in fact i only notice a puff when i boot it.

i have to replace the seal on the black box thing cud some one tell me what it is called) this wll stop the oily mist goin all ova the surroundings....but im sure the air out of the charger should be dry not oily mist right?

ne one knw where i can get hold of the charger rebuild kit....?

These guys sell re-build kits. http://www.easygeezer.co.uk/rebuild.html?

Darren at G-werks re-built mine last month very pleased with the quality of the job and the service they gave me, for the hassle of doing it yourself couldnt be ar5ed would rather let the pros do that side of things plus the unit is guranteed good luck :)

khida singh.. so you bought it?? speak to darren he knows his stuff.. will hook up in a few wks..

khida singh.. so you bought it?? speak to darren he knows his stuff.. will hook up in a few wks..

yup got it finaly....gota speak to darren coz this cars got the eprom and pully from him but rebuild from jabba....which is odd to fail at under 8k now i have to fork out for a rebuild...and only got a week to do it in...great from a tidy runaround its causin a ball ach....but hope its worth it as i need to save funds to get rallye dun and dusted...

but either way im luvin it....everythig else works on the car....need leathers for it and rims and parcel shelf lol....will post pics up soon

its not odd at all for a jabba unit to fail at low miles ...lots of us have had problems

where did you get the seal from...not any old seal will do

i got the seal from a company called BSL. they matched the exact seal from the charger....i have luked the refrb kit is near abouts 250.....so the g werks rebuils really aint that pricey at all....i can do it my self but rather have the peace of mind the charger has a warrenty...and iv heard nuttin but gud praises about darrens outfit.....have pm'd him to see how quicka turn around i can get on the charger

decided gona play safe and just take the charger to g werks for the peace of mind while its there i can sort out the head gasket