Sign in to follow this  
Quiz

Maybe Im an Idiot

Ok im in the middle of yanking my vr6 from my 92 rado. Prob is i cant get the damn ac compressor and the altenator off the motor. I know the alt doesnt have to go but i still cant get it off. I have removed both bolts from both of them and they are still as tight as if i never took the bolts out. It seems like i need to drive out a little metal part out of the hole but im not sure. I dont want to risk breaking something so any help would be appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions or advice on other things im going to be faceing i would appreciate the help. The motor is being pulled because of a leaky head gasket and rear main seal. Its getting tore down completely and rebuilt. I intend to turn at least 450hp when it goes back in. And yes i will be installing a turbo. And no this is not my first time doing anything like this, its just my first vr6. Thanks for all the help.

Oh come on none of you guys can offer me any help? I know at least one of you guys have been down this road before. I could use a little push in the right direction. Thanks.

its cos over here in the UK the A/C system fitted to our Corrados was an aftermarket one as opposed to the factory fit A/C on US spec C's so consequently vry few UK market C's have A/C

Well what about the altenator? Cause the prob i have with the ac is the same with the altenator. I didnt think this was that hard of a question. Maybe i titled the subject wrong or something cause i expected someone had dealt with this before. Oh well i guess im on my own.

Your subject doesn't exactly lend itself to grab the attention of others that may have done it before.

Edit you first post and give it a proper subject which is to do about what you need to know, then maybe more will read it.