Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Help ID'ing ECU coolant temp on 9A engine in ETKA.. gotcha!

Hi folks..

See attached screenshot. Pulling my hair out trying to work out which is the ECU temperature sensor.. #8 is the single pin connector that feeds the temp gauge and #36 is the thermotime (only used for cold start apparently) - so WTF part is it?

Going to VAG in the next few days for my next round up parts purchase and would like to get this at the same time if possible! :)

Cheers.

hi jim, i have had a look on autodata and i think this might be what your looking for.......but there is a fair chance that i'm totally wrong

when are you off to get the bits Jim? I can find out for you either from work or when I call VAG for bits, however our local parts dept is shut for the next 2 days to relocate so it would be next week....

Hi Laura - thanks for that. Will be trying VW probably over the weekend if I get my act together.. but if I don't then i'll pester you next week for the p/n :)

easypops - that does look like it! Happen to have a VAG part number?! :)

Hi Laura - thanks for that. Will be trying VW probably over the weekend if I get my act together.. but if I don't then i'll pester you next week for the p/n :)

easypops - that does look like it! Happen to have a VAG part number?! :)

sorry jim i cant seem to find the part number on this prog......but if you want i can send you a disc with it and you could look for yourself........it does have a crack on it though :lol:

Cheers mate but its ok.. probably best to avoid talking about pirating software on an open forum! :)

Cheers mate but its ok.. probably best to avoid talking about pirating software on an open forum! :)

oops :oops: sorry