Sign in to follow this  
Rhodri

Schrick cam on 2.0 16v

Has anybody fitted Schrick Cams to their 2.0 16v on here? If so what was your overall impression of them? I currently have a KR cam fitted but am looking for somemore power!

Has anybody fitted Schrick Cams to their 2.0 16v on here? If so what was your overall impression of them? I currently have a KR cam fitted but am looking for somemore power!

To really benefit from high lift cams you need gasflowing of the cylinderhead and ultimately a bottom end built to cope with higher revs, Schrick have a good reputation for quality but high lift cams will always be a compromise for low end torque, you're effectively pushing the torque curve up the rev range.

As the corrado is fairly heavy, certainly compared to a mk2 golf, so losing low end can make them unpleasant to drive in regular traffic and in town. If you don't already have the headwork done, I'd say the money is better spent there.

not stictly a direct comparison as the converted 1.8 with the KR cam also has a gas-flowed head, but you get the idea, there's slightly more torque in the standard 9A up to 4,500rpm then the KR cam lets the head breath better and the 2L with a KR keeps going strongly for at least 1000rpm more than the 9A.

Rolling road runs on same day.

BTW, the converted 2L when properly set up for fuelling now develops 10bhp more at the top end, so matching the fuelling and ignition to the engine/cam is quite important for peak power.