Sign in to follow this  
russed99

Thirsty rado!!!!!!!!

Hi all

I own a standard 1.8 16v corrado and its seems to be rather thirsty and smells strongly of fuel when you come to a stop. Would a simple tune up help or do i have a problem?

Cheers

The KR engine is notorious for poor fuel economy, do a search and you'll find a few topics on the subject. Male sure you do a proper calculation rather than trust the MFA. The smell of fuel can be down to the type of petrol you put in with Optimax being particularly strong. Obviously check you don't have any leaks though!

get the timing set & CO level etc.. myn gets upto 37mpg & its done 187k!!

How do you go about getting this done? Mine is horrendous on fuel, doing about 50 miles to a tenner at the moment :(

How do you go about getting this done? Mine is horrendous on fuel, doing about 50 miles to a tenner at the moment :(

Unless you have the meter for measuring CO which is fairly expensive then you'll need to find a garage with the equipment. Also seems to be called Kryton tuning. Try to get a recommendation though. There is a guy around my way who is excellent and charges around £50, but I think I went through every tuner in the area before I found somebody decent.

I no someone in coventry who tunes & sets up my car...

Unless you have the meter for measuring CO which is fairly expensive then you'll need to find a garage with the equipment. Also seems to be called Kryton tuning. Try to get a recommendation though. There is a guy around my way who is excellent and charges around £50, but I think I went through every tuner in the area before I found somebody decent.

I tried using one of those little gas analyzers today, really hard for it to get a fix on the readings though. I'll look at taking it to someone decent. Looking at my mot, the co level was .61%, is this lean?

Would a performance exhaust make that much of a difference? Mine seems to have one fitted, looks like its from the downpipe back although no idea what it is. No cat either, did they all have cats fitted?

Thanks!

Paul