Sign in to follow this  
studentgti

Pics of My Corrado!

Hi all

I posted agggeesss ago saying hi as a newbie and said I'd get some pics up - only just got round to doing it but here we go:

It started life as a CAT C write-off we got from the scrappy when me and a mate went to buy a VR engine for my Golf (Came home with a 2.0 16V Rado instead...). It was a bit of a bargain, only panel damage and all the electrics etc. worked fine.

Got some new panels sorted off ebay and sprayed up, did all the work between me and a mate. In the end it needed a new bonnet (went with the older style one because I prefer the look), wing and slam panel and a headlight the scrappy threw in with the car. Then fitted the Porsche D90's, and slammed it seriously low on some H&R coilies, fitted the debadge grill. After a new cambelt and a good service she was ready to go, and runs beautifully (especially considering it was sat for a year). Just done over 94k which isn't too bad for a '92. The ride is a bit too harsh but I think the overall look is pretty good, got a few more mods planned in the pipeline...

Apologies for the crappy phone pics!

Here's how it looked when we bought it:

13062007097.jpg

13062007096.jpg

13062007095.jpg

And here's how it looks after a few days of hard work:

170920071533.jpg

170920071532.jpg

170920071535.jpg

170920071536.jpg

170920071537.jpg

170920071534.jpg

Comments welcome!

Well done for not parting it out or sending it off to the scapper! :) Looks like you did a top job!

Cheers

The rest of it seemed too good to just let it go! And we wanted the experiance anyway, hadn't really played with panels before. Surprised at how easy it was to be honest - passed it's MOT and VOSA VIC the morning after we put it back together, tanked it up and drove it straight up the motorway from Kent to Manchester (where I'm at Uni). It didn't miss a beat...are there any local meets? I've seen one in Brum that seems to be the nearest.

Welome to the forum!

Always great to see another valver.

Hats off to you for fixing her up and giver her anohter chance! :lol: :D