Sign in to follow this  
AdamjVR6

Which length De Cat (please don't shoot me)

ok,ive searched for an hour and got no definative answer on this.

I want a SuperSprint De Cat but they list 4 different length ones for a VR6.

So which is it for an L reg VR6 with a cat???

885602.jpg 51 CM

886202.jpg 66 CM

885902.jpg 76 CM

323612.jpg And whatever this one is,no length given but 55mm inlet

why so many options for a simple de cat :lol: :lol:Sorry if this is well covered already but i honestly couldnt get the hard evidence so suggest what is what.

Is it US and UK spec differences?

Or does it just slide in further when its longer,no pun intended

save your money,wont make a hoot on bhp figures.

Is that RR proven?

Only i was under the impression less backpressure actually made more BHP but loses Torque :?

Has worked on every other car ive owned....

I heard its a waste of time unless your running forced induction.

He heard,i heard,we heard i get that,but i think some people are ignorant to a point that if something doesnt see a 10 Brake horse power gain it is deemed pointless.

I personally find it almost impossible to believe supersprint make an item (well 4 actually) that does absoloutely nothing!

Id have thought on such a big engine the decat would make a better improvement than on most engines :?

Ok,so the VR apparently has a fairly hi flow cat(which alone suggests more flow is better...),but still not as hi flow as a straight through pipe!

Plenty of people on here seem willing to heat wrap their manifolds to gain an immeasurable amount of power!

But then to be fair i am of the disposition if i could gain 0.01 BHP by spending an hour polishing my throttle body then I'd do it as its free :lol:

Hmmm,well,aside from whether its even worth it.......which one of these useless de cats actually fits a VR6 :lol:

The Corrado Cat is a high flow cat from new,and yes ive had rolling road session in the past on my old VR6- stock with K&N and decat and it made 197bhp so nothing better than stock figures as for back pressure only when you have forced air applications it does make a difference on back pressure as it does not flow adequately

The only reason I wrap my manifolds and always will it not power gains but the obvious to keep heat down :lol:

My old golf that I fitted ABF to that i decated did make a difference in power,don't know how much but on the road it was loads better,but not one stock VR6 makes a difference and ive had a few.

But yes we need to keep back on topic,ive got a old cat in the garage and I will measure it for you when I get back in from work.

yeah,funny enough i had a rattle under the car and it was the heatshield on the cat,it had snapped off two of the welds,cant get the bugger off yet as two bolts nearest the manifold are proper shagged,gonna dremmel them off tomorrow now.

i measure mine whilst under the car and got 76cm too :)