Sign in to follow this  
jamminvr6storm

Quick VR cooling question......

I am about to buy a Neuspeed low temp stat, but im looking for a low temp fan switch too.....

After talking with Neuspeed they say that their one is not suitable for a VR??

Has anyone done this and where did you get it from?

Cheers

I am about to buy a Neuspeed low temp stat, but im looking for a low temp fan switch too.....

Cheers

Im using both, got mine from Awesome.

Cheers

Im using both, got mine from Awesome.

Same here.

My water temp guage never reached 70 this morning on a 40 min town / dual carridgway run ! Even though i replaced the temp sender.

Hope this is ok .....

I'd check that out as it's far too low. It'll be over fuelling like mad.

Have you got VAG-COM? That's a good way to see what the actual sender reading is as the analogue gauge isn't that brilliant.

It should be around 90 deg C whilst consantly moving and kept at or just below 100 deg C with fans 1 and 2 when stationery.

Hehe - its this shocking Scottish snow and ice that does it ( shhhh - dont tell them..... :lol: )

Thing is it used to display temps as the cheesman described, before i put the nuspeed stat and the new yellow sensor in.

I was worried about it overfueling too, but a warm hc emmisions readout says 5ppm (see this 'thread'). I also checked the mpg over 500 odd motorway miles this w/e and i was got 240mls to 1/2 a tank.

So it doesnt sound like its overfueling at all ! Suppose the sender could be a dud - its VAG.

Mine has been exactly the same since fitting the low temp stat. Water rarely goes above 70 C now. Getting the same mpg as before and drives well, so doesn't look like it's over fuelling.

Did the 'hose' test too, cos I was a bit worried when I first fitted it. The bottom hose stayed cold for a while, until the car was up to temp, while the top hose warmed up quickly. Will do this again, just to put my mind at ease!