Sign in to follow this  
German_G60

G60 dump valve? loose engine mounts?

Hi wondered if anyone can help I keep reading about ditching the reciculation boost preasure system for a kind of dump valve system? Ive seen a kit on Ebay seems a bit of a simple kit to me for £35 I could make this up myself from bits around the workshop im just unsure where the pipes go etc and if this is a good mod? or if there is a better solution, or just leve it all alone? :? Also my Engine seems to move to much on gear change ive looked at the mounts and they all seem to be intact is this a commen problem on G60s and is there a usual mod to do to rectify this? any suggesstion would be greatfully recieved cheers.

chances are the mounts have gone soft over the years...they all need replacing by now

best not bother with a dump valve, the recric delete kit just vents to air and gives a similar effect anyway...infact its rather noisey so consider that if youre not into loud cars, ive chose to keep mine all there as i couldnt stand the noise

i bought my g60 about 4 months ago and yes the engine mounts felt very weak. i replaced them with new oe items and they still feel weak!

probably best to go for vibratechnics front mount as i will be doing soon. although this is a very expensive option. you can buy solid front mounts from someone on this forum but i beleive they cause a lot of vibration in the car.

as for the3 boost return delete mod.. i just disconnected the pipes from the underside of the throttle body and the SC and made a blanking plate for the secondry inlet on the SC and put a small breather filter on the end of the ISV and one on the end of the cam breather. sounds awesome when in dumps excess boost but as the other guy mentioned it is noisey.

hope this helps :D

Cheers for the replys, youve comfirmed what I thort about the mounts have to raid the wallet then! Im not to fussed bout the noise like the sound of forced induction!! Im going to carry out the recirculation mod and delete that pipe I can make up the plate and find a couple of filters my only concern at this stage is if you just apply a small filter to the ISV does it still detect over boost and take nessecery action or do you run the risk of over boost and causing detination (pinking)?? :?

Nice one That puts things clearer, Just too elaberate a bit does any one know the best place to buy a g-lader rebuild kit I am more than capable of the rebuild ive looked around on the net and the price people want for a few bearings and seals is to much compared to what they would cost without the "middle man" cheers :)