Sign in to follow this  
Super-G

G60 Crankshaft bolt

Having just bought a G60, I'm a little scared to use it at the moment, as I'm sure the crankshaft pulley bolt hasn't been replaced. I've purchased a new non-stretch one, as recommended, but am a little confused which bolt I should be replacing. Is it the centre bolt pictured below?

DSCN4569.jpg

Any help appreciate, so I can get out and drive without fear of my engine munching itself.

Thanks 'Dirtytorque'. If it's not too cold this evening, mine may be getting done.

I phoned my local VW dealer, who located the items at Lookers, up North.

One phone call later, less than a 24hr wait and the bolt and washer have arrived. Just waiting on me to fit now.

Best not to leave it too long boys... There is a long list of G60 owners who have found out the hard way

including myself (although mine worked loose rather than snapping thank god!!)

BTW before you do it get back to VW and get new crank+ water pump pully allen bolts.

As you can see from your pic they are not in the best nick and can be easily rounded

after 15 years of numpty mechanics abuse! They are dirt cheap and always in stock :-)

Well worth doing along with all your belts too! :-)

Dan