Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

HELP!!! G60 over heated!!!

i was just drivin from my house 2 my girlfriends. must b less than 3 miles away and the temperature gauge was gettin high so i slowed down and then the warning light started 2 flash!! there was loads of steam commin from the water tank! HELP!!! :D

how is it now thats its cooled down, any mayo

I will hav 2 take a look! There wasnt any smoke from exhust?? it wasnt losin water?? could it hav been an air block??

Could well be an airlock, good sign that youve still got the water..

Run the car up to temp with the rad cap off and 'massage' the hoses to encourage any air out and see how it goes from there..

Check to see the bottom rad hose heats up to confirm operation of your thermostat..

Sounds like your thermostat has given up Dan, same thing happened to me not so long ago, steam coming out of the expansion tank !! Don't let it get too hot if you're thinking of driving it somewhere to get it fixed, you'll cook it !! Get it towed if you can.

Keep an eye on your oil temp too mate, not sure if you know but with G60's its not good to rev them past 3 grand until your oil temp is up to about 90. The oil pressure is low until then and your Supercharger won't like it, it's fed on your engine oil .... Good to keep an eye on all the time really, especially as you're running a small pulley and chip. Do you know if you have a bigger oil cooler fitted ??

Hope you get it sorted.....

Matt

OH yeah and im sure the fns didint kick in at all?????? :(

this sounds similar to what happened to mine recently although it is a 2.0 16v

all in it got 1 a new water pump

2 a new thermostat

3 a new thermo fan switch

all works now.....and the heater has never been as hot !!! :D

look here http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a

That garage said they THINK it head gasket!!! But wont fix it?????? Gonna just get mjs 2 pick it up tommorrow they r soooooooo much better! :D

i was just drivin from my house 2 my girlfriends. must b less than 3 miles away and the temperature gauge was gettin high so i slowed down and then the warning light started 2 flash!! there was loads of steam commin from the water tank! HELP!!! :D

At first glance I thought you said you had two girlfriends. :lol: Is it too much effort for the texting generation to press the "t" key and then the "o" key instead of just the "2" key come on it's only one more key press and it will be proper English. Same with the "b" come on don't be so lazy! :?

At first glance I thought you said you had two girlfriends. :lol: Is it too much effort for the texting generation to press the "t" key and then the "o" key instead of just the "2" key come on it's only one more key press and it will be proper English. Same with the "b" come on don't be so lazy! :?

lol u must b old!!! :lol:

And you illiterate. :lol: "meens yu carnt reed or right" incase you were unsure of the meaning.

Seriously though this sort of sh*t is fine when your texting privately but on a public forum your only contributing to modern day illiteracy.

And you illiterate. :lol: "meens yu carnt reed or right" incase you were unsure of the meaning.

Seriously though this sort of sh*t is fine when your texting privately but on a public forum your only contributing to modern day illiteracy.

I had better stop usin forum then!! :shock:

All good mate, running well indeed. Very hot here today, could do with Air Con at times!!

No i don't want to sell you my rims !! There's some on http://www.ebay.de though, have a look at the price's !! Just tap in bbs rs and see.........

All good mate, running well indeed. Very hot here today, could do with Air Con at times!!

No i don't want to sell you my rims !! There's some on http://www.ebay.de though, have a look at the price's !! Just tap in bbs rs and see.........

OMG they r cheap!!! BUT i cant read GERMAN!!!lol :lol: