Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

Pipercross Viper, Anyone using one?

Just looking at filters for the VR, Just wondering if anyones tried one off these, are they really worth £230. They look good but is it just a gimmick?

i looked into one, i know someone who can get me one at a decent price, but didn't seem like anyone really knew about them at the time so haven't bothered.

I just want to no what exactly u get for the high price really, there's other encased filters and do they really make that much difference. i no it cuts out hot air but how much is that really worth?

I ve tried both the viper and bmc cda on the vr.The Bmc is a much better fit, better made, sounds better .... see where I am going with this :lol: o and cheaper

A few years ago, we took a Golf VR6 down to Superchips rolling road with James from Pipercross to do some tests with the then new Viper VR6 kit. We ran the car on a paper element and it gave 170BHP and then with a K&N panel filter with which it made 174BHP. I then fitted the Viper kit, which wasn't easy as there isn't enough room behind the headlight, and when run up, it made 157BHP-result!

A few years ago, we took a Golf VR6 down to Superchips rolling road with James from Pipercross to do some tests with the then new Viper VR6 kit. We ran the car on a paper element and it gave 170BHP and then with a K&N panel filter with which it made 174BHP. I then fitted the Viper kit, which wasn't easy as there isn't enough room behind the headlight, and when run up, it made 157BHP-result!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I was buying an air filter for my Corrado, the BMC is where i'd put my money personally!

If I was buying an air filter for my Corrado, the BMC is where i'd put my money personally!

Yeah looks like thats the route im going to go down, just to decide what to do with the ehaust then.