Sign in to follow this  
tonytiger

Aux Water Pump Problem

The aux water pump on my vr appears to be leaking. There is water around the bit where the metal casing meets the plastic (where the red arrow points in the pic), and water beneath this on the attached hoses and on top of the gearbox, etc. There is no water above this point.

So, could the water only have come from the aux water pump, or could it be from elsewhere?

If it is that pump, then what could have caused this? The pump was replaced at the end of November 2006, so it's now a month and a half out of warranty - but being a Bosch pump, I would have expected it to last a lot langer than that.

Hi

I had a problem last year when the aux pump blew in half, seperating at about the same point as your arrow indicates.

The pump was original tho, so ancient. I would argue toss with whoever you bought pump from if its leaking. All the spares sold in UK come with 12 month guarantee. Here in Portugal they all seem to come with 2 year guarantee for the same bits.

There is also the option of buying another one, taking the bust one back in 2 months and getting another new one, and selling that on the bay 8) (But I haven't said that, and I will deny it............oh I wrote it down..............oops)

Cheaper than a new one

Dic

Yep - if it's a genuine VW part (ie from the dealer) then it will have 2 years...

I think the same goes for most stuff made by Bosch too!

I purchased from GSF not VW - but it's a Bosch - so surely it can't be a different part. I've checked with GSF and according to them it's a one year warranty.

Perhaps I should check with Bosch.