Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

Getting a beep coming from my speakers...

Ok i'm getting a beep from my speakers, both when driving and when stationary.

I've read another topic on here saying about low oil pressure, but i've got a gauge and pressure is fine, even when properly warm and the engine is just idling...

anyone got any ideas?

my heater matrix has just blown up and for the time being i've deleted it from the system with a piece of copper pipe so i can drive the car without losing coolant and getting soggy carpets - could that have anything to do with it?

i'm going to take the car out again tonight to confirm everything i've said here, but as far as i'm aware, i shouldn't have any oil related issues... (i hope :? )

Are you sure it's coming from your speakers, or from the gauges on the dashboard?

If it's the low oil pressure warning, you'll have a flashing red light on the dashboard and a loud "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP..."

As far as I know, that's the only thing that makes any kind of beeping noise in Corrado as standard, unless it's an alarm type thing.

If you've got a gauge and it's reading ok oil pressure, then it could well be that one of the two oil pressure sensors has died and needs replacing. It's not a big job - they're about £6 each I think.

IIRC he standard fit Sony stereo's also had a setting that made them "beep" when a button was pressed (Mine does anyway) but it's really quiet.

If it's a loud BEEP from the dash then I concur with the Pink one and it's the low oil pressure warning.. could be a weak sensor?

Damage to your headunit caused by the steam/water when your heater matrix blew? (that is if the beeping is actually coming from the speakers)

hmmm - doubt it's going to be damage to the head unit as the matrix was leaking straight into the carpet and i've seen no steam etc, and the beep is coming from the speakers as the radio quietens itself slightly when the beep comes on - i have replaced the speakers in the top of the dash with aftermarket jobbies, so it could be that the beep as standard comes from the standard versions of those...

it's definitely nothing to do with the alarm as the alarm is in a completely different place and the siren is in the engine bay, plus my car is immobilised to buggery, so if there was an alarm fault i would expect to be stopping very quickly.

as for the oil, i just don't know, the warning light hasn't shown even a hint of being on, ever! and i'm pretty anal about checking the level, but i guess it might possibly be low... - as you say, could be a sensor - that was my first thought (i really hope its a sensor anyway if it is in fact oil related)

will investigate it further this evening...

cheers for the replies fellas

The oil pressure beeper is actually inside the gauge pod, so wouldn't ever come out of the speakers and it's accompanied by the flashing light which you also don't have.

So in that case - if you're sure it's coming from the speakers, then it's gotta be coming from the head unit...

The oil pressure beeper is actually inside the gauge pod, so wouldn't ever come out of the speakers and it's accompanied by the flashing light which you also don't have.

So in that case - if you're sure it's coming from the speakers, then it's gotta be coming from the head unit...

if that's the case, then maybe the speakers are just going quiet as the current goes elsewhere from the head unit to the beeper behind the gauges - i've recently had the head unit out and it was immaculate - also it's a pretty new unit, so i really do doubt thats the problem

ok firstly i want to say thanks very much guys for all your tips and suggestions very much appreciated - i am however being a complete and total muppet and feel really quite embarrased now! -

i had accidentally managed to turn the traffic reports function on my stereo on, and because i never listen to the radio, it was just beeping at me to tell me there was new traffic info - i just didn't know what it was as i've never used it before!

cheers again gents - really sorry to waste your time :oops: :oops: :oops: (cue the laughing!)