Sign in to follow this  
arcticlittlemonkey

How Does your Supercharger sound?

Hi All

Been driving my G60 for just over a month now, and thought I had sorted out all the teething problems (new throttle position switch, blue temp sensor) But Ive began to notice that my supercharger is starting to growl, Is this normal? No oil leaks and yet to give it a boost test. I have a receipt from jabba (previous owner) it was serviced at 97,000 and ive just clocked 100k, should I pay G-werks a visit already? All this said I have no problems with the preformance though. Thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

Ad

lots and lots of owners have had poor rebuilds from jabba...if you can manage to get to gwerks for a check over i suggest you do so asap

If the airbox or charger outlet (black plastic bit) are drilled/modified or have any gaps or holes, you will definitely hear a growl, which will be more like a womp-womp sound if you have a smaller than 78mm (standard) pulley.

The airbox and the outlet are designed to disrupt the resonances that might otherwise make the charger noise 'too loud'. Any changes, whether deliberate or accidental, can unleash the beast! :twisted:

If you have a leak in a boost pipe, you might hear a growl, but most of the audible air pulsation is reduced by the time it gets to the throttle body.

Let's hope it's not an oil seal that has popped :(

Let us know how the boost test goes :wink: