Sign in to follow this  
Scott

heh heh heh heh

VR6 - 1, Impreza - 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Impreza was glued to my bumper till about 90mph then started pulling ahead... by time got to 110 (on me nans private road!) he was a couple of car lengths back *:).... the VR IS going well *;)

Well chuffed... *:)

Scott

Great stuff Scott, i remember being stuck at the side of one at 135 mph in my 16v, dont think he believed his eyes :evil: TURBO CHARGED JAPENESE DOG POOH :lol:

Mine had the better of an Impreza on the motorway a few weeks ago :D . I have to say that I didn't expect it after all I'd heard about the impreza's.

So you could say that I was unexpectantly suprised :)

VR6 - 2, Impreza - 0 :D

That is quite surprising guys, but I suppose the C has more power at the wheels due to 4wd losses etc?

I definitely want a C VR6 next!!!! Good work fellas.... :D :twisted:

Mine had the better of an Impreza on the motorway a few weeks ago :D . I have to say that I didn't expect it after all I'd heard about the impreza's.

So you could say that I was unexpectantly suprised :)

VR6 - 2, Impreza - 0 :D

I was surprised too - after all the hype I heard... was very amusing - guy in the impreza was miffed *:) heh

I think alot of it is due to the wide gearing on the VR..... I mean I hit 100mph in 3rd gear at about 6k rpm..... mad ! *:)

although its nice to slap a scooby dont get too confident. other than std cars you wont have a chance. a couple of my mates own a jap performance tuning place n their imprezas run 350-400hp giving a C no chance. i can stick with a std one to a level in my G60 n it is std really. scooby push a bar n its a differnet story. manchester Cs take on a jap-innovations car at your peril or the figures will soon even up.

crap build quality though. is like being in a rocket taxi

u r a bus or is it subaru

although its nice to slap a scooby dont get too confident. other than std cars you wont have a chance. a couple of my mates own a jap performance tuning place n their imprezas run 350-400hp giving a C no chance. i can stick with a std one to a level in my G60 n it is std really. scooby push a bar n its a differnet story. manchester Cs take on a jap-innovations car at your peril or the figures will soon even up.

crap build quality though. is like being in a rocket taxi

u r a bus or is it subaru

Yes but my C is also standard :p .... add forced induction and it will take more than a 350bhp Impreza to slap it about *;)

:lol: :lol:

I didnt think I'd stand a chance to be honest with you - I gave the Impreza a surprise and I was pretty shocked myself *:)

Scott

I had a laugh with an EVO 6 this morning in my 16V!!!!! Don't know if it was just how he was driving, but on the straights he would pull away very quickly, but then I was reeling him back in on every corner!!!! Stuck with him passing 15-20 cars/lorries on the A6 after Chesterfield. Great stuff!!!! :lol:

I need a VR6!!!!!!!!

greatest asset of the scooby is cornering ability. i agree that a turbo'd vr would be a match(maybe if u can get traction) in a straight line but come a corner, n there are lots near us trans penine n you would have no chance.

dont knock yourself down though. get third n you, like i do will give a std one more than a fright. the fact that a 2wd, front at that 10yr or so old car can stick it with a 2l turbo class 4wd is good in itself.

im not converting to the dark side either. not even tempted and i see these cars on a daily basis

Had some fun with an R32 dam they sound sweet!

And look good in the flesh!!

Just messing in traffic so it was a no score draw lol

Had some fun with an R32 dam they sound sweet!

And look good in the flesh!!

Just messing in traffic so it was a no score draw lol

Wouldnt mind coming up against one of these myself.... have raced a Golf V6 4 motion and the Golf didnt stand a chance in heck .... that was a standing start too............

4wd have great grip, but also massive drive-train losses. The scooby is by far the worse. Drive train loss from flywheel to wheels is 50%!!

So same engine, but 4wd, makes it slower than a 2wd counterpart. Good for us :)

Now, a Synchro Corrado VR6 Turbo or S/C..... Mmmmmmm :evil:

4wd have great grip, but also massive drive-train losses. The scooby is by far the worse. Drive train loss from flywheel to wheels is 50%!!

So same engine, but 4wd, makes it slower than a 2wd counterpart. Good for us :)

Now, a Synchro Corrado VR6 Turbo or S/C..... Mmmmmmm :evil:

I'd love to see what the outcome of a R32 to a VR6 would be like ..... what do people think>?

Im a little worried now - my neighbour is buying a Lotus Elise..... wot do you lot reckon to my chances?

Scott.

my neighbour is buying a Lotus Elise..... wot do you lot reckon to my chances?

Arrange to race him once a day for a month.

You'll win at least 50% by default, since it won't start, or it'll break down... 8)

I think the 0 - 60 in a R32 is 6.2secs against the VR6 at 6.7secs. This is of course in the dry and without wheenspin. A good driver in the VR against an average driver in the R32 could make up the half second easily. The R32 put in a very respectable time arround the 'Top Gear' track, (almost 4secs quicker than the new 300+ bhp Subaru).

I guess it depends a lot on how good a driver you think you are :)

I think the 0 - 60 in a R32 is 6.2secs against the VR6 at 6.7secs. This is of course in the dry and without wheenspin. A good driver in the VR against an average driver in the R32 could make up the half second easily. The R32 put in a very respectable time arround the 'Top Gear' track, (almost 4secs quicker than the new 300+ bhp Subaru).

I guess it depends a lot on how good a driver you think you are :)

Performance VW tested a Corrado VR6 and timed it at 6.3 seconds mate......... they timed it again recently and got it down to 6.2 secs so not much in it........

As for being a good driver ? - no comment - I let my skills do the talking *;) - If that aint fight talk I dunno what is - LOL *:)

my neighbour is buying a Lotus Elise..... wot do you lot reckon to my chances?

Arrange to race him once a day for a month.

You'll win at least 50% by default, since it won't start, or it'll break down... 8)

Lotus

Loads OF Trouble Usually Serious!!!! LOL

took on a 4motion in the g60. it made no impression. against same car in my mates scooby-destroyed him. just kept pullin away. we times this car at bout 4 secs. problem is the gearbox is a tad weak on subs so it takes balls to try a off-the line in case a diff drops but once moving i dont think a vw if any(maybe a super rallye) especially not a c would have a chance trans penine round the twisties. gotta remember that most races rn't in a straight line, or not where i come from. not that the c handles bad its just i get the feeling that when the power arrives to put up a serious challenge it may be no good thru the front. i feel understeer building when i apply power already.

best to be the underdog though init-nothing to lose

GazzaG60 my G60 whips the 4motion its the lighter seats with the same engine in you need to watch, they are quick!!

GazzaG60 my G60 whips the 4motion its the lighter seats with the same engine in you need to watch, they are quick!!

My VR whips Corrado G60's :lol: :lol: 8) :p

maybe when mines tuned ill have another view. lets hope so :)

not talkin std sub though so tis doin bout 300 wheels with more to come.

more and more tuned ones about too.

hope my G60 will be as quick as yours Jet. id be :D

maybe when mines tuned ill have another view. lets hope so :)

not talkin std sub though so tis doin bout 300 wheels with more to come.

more and more tuned ones about too.

hope my G60 will be as quick as yours Jet. id be :D

BITE ME :lol: :lol: ... soz mate couldnt resist *:) - wanted to see if you would take the bait *;)

Have thought about getting myself a G60 to keep the VR company - failing that a charger for the VR would be very nice *:)

:roll: Bring it on, What you got then!!!! :D :lol:

:roll: Bring it on, What you got then!!!! :D :lol:

LOL LOL :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not into havin a good chomp 8) . i took on a vr n know what theyre capable of, not a lot in it, though never another G60, not enough of um up here.

Scott-do you go to the club gti meet at hertitage green. gonna go to the one on monday. not been before. gonna meet a vortexer who runs SNs with 30#