Sign in to follow this  
Riley

How many late G60's were there?

Interested to know how many late G60's were produced? Would be cool to try and get a good list of registered dates etc? Maybe for the full two? years that it was produced for the road?

Mine is a late style with full late exterior, late chassis and floorpan, late (large) fuel tank, late fuel pump/filter set up with early interior.

First registered: 10/4/92

Neil.

Mines a late one registered the day before yours Riley!! Got the late exterior and leather interior which looks standard but I havent seen any other rado with the same interior - door cards are like a ruffled effect, was this an extra for g60's?

First Registered 09/04/92

Mines a late one registered the day before yours Riley!! Got the late exterior and leather interior which looks standard but I havent seen any other rado with the same interior - door cards are like a ruffled effect, was this an extra for g60's?

oh send up some pics!

Cool! Is yours a grumpy old bast too? :lol:

I have a friend whose G60 dates from '91 and is full late style.

Is that a none uk spec mate? 8)

Has late spec steering wheel and these leathers...

SIG60 wrote:Mines a late one registered the day before yours Riley!! Got the late exterior and leather interior which looks standard but I havent seen any other rado with the same interior - door cards are like a ruffled effect, was this an extra for g60's?

Cool! Is yours a grumpy old bast too? :lol:

Ha ha - well grumpy!!

Anyone got a coilpack fitted to these late cars?

They seem to have been fitted to the last few months of G60 builds - its a simos system and the lack of a distributor will the big clue. I do have a feeling that it may be a LHD only item though.

What is the exact difference with the early and late G60's? I heard of fuel tank size but chassis and floorpan? :shrug:

Cheers

Vick :)

What is the exact difference with the early and late G60's? I heard of fuel tank size but chassis and floorpan? :shrug:

Didnt some of the later G60's have ABS aswell?

Didnt some of the later G60's have ABS aswell?[/quote:7udhi5an]

I believe the late G60 came with the "VR6" front end of bulge bonnet, wide front wings, late headlights, 3 bar grille, late bumper with fogs and indicators, 15 gallon fuel tank and ABS.

Didnt some of the later G60's have ABS aswell?[/quote:bpbcxw5v]

Aye...mine has that crap (abs) For people who can't drive tbh :p

The chassis numbers are dated up to and after late style, (i think 'N' chassis onwards are late) with different exhaust systems/fuel tanks and pumps. Im pretty sure different brake calipers and inlet manifolds on the earlier ones too?

Some late'ish ones popped up here...cool. Did any get the vr6 interior i wonder? Never seen one?

Neil.

Aye...mine has that crap (abs) For people who can't drive tbh :p

Haha i must agree. Although it is quite interesteing at times I find and also a little bit scary when your brakes dont seem to be doing a lot and you are getting closer and closer to the car infront! :lol:

Didn't think so Walesy 8) But always wondered if there is someting strangely cobbled together by vw out there as they were pretty random in the early/late changeover :lol:

Vick, the wings are really noticeable when you see em side by side. A lad on Volksdevil has a rado with an early wing on one side, late on the other and its a fair difference :shock:

Neil.