Sign in to follow this  
theblueflash

stupid sunroof

well its partly my fault. recently picked up a corrado and been messing about witht the roof. i knew it didnt slide but i tilted it and now it wont close on one side. the slide moves on the drivers side and shuts but the passenger side doesnt move at all. i tried locking the car hoping the closure system would shut it but it just locks the car with half the roof tilted up!!!! is there any way of getting the damn thing shut without any massive work? i dont have time to properly repair it for a few weeks and am stuck if it rains. any help much appreciated.

many thanks

you should be able to close the sunroof manually by removing the cover on the switch and using an allen key.

sorted. for now. kind of convinient having that allen key. managed to wind it in so its shut. the problem looks to be the piece of the mech that slides along. it doesnt engage when its on full tilt so the roof doesnt close. managed to push that back along and use the allen key to shut it completely. thanks for the tip. :D