n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Thanks guys - it's still looking rough in the pic but the finished product will be better :)

You should be ok with the cables. Mine have worked faultlessly for the past 5 years with a double din setup. Although I don't have the cup holders but the extra downwards movement shouldn't make much of a difference. Just make sure they have a nice smooth route and aren't tangled in wiring harnesses.

Ah great, that's good to know! Any pics of your install?

That does look good look forward to seeing this at national day!

Hope I get everything done in time! Are you back on the road now with yours?

Getting busy I see Nick get some pic's up when you get the interior back in for us who are not going to make national day (This year) :salute:

Sure thing, although the seats probably won't be fitted for a few weeks but I'll post some pics when I collect them

Here you go...

yzapeseg.jpg

I used a connects 2 (I think) double din fitting kit/surround for a mk4 golf. I was going to smooth it into the dash but the finish on the surround matches the heater control panel.

Here you go...

I used a connects 2 (I think) double din fitting kit/surround for a mk4 golf. I was going to smooth it into the dash but the finish on the surround matches the heater control panel.

Thanks, that's a really tidy install! I think you have the slightly earlier head unit to mine (Pioneer AVIC F950DAB), how are you finding it? Mine has never been plugged in

Edited by n3p

Thanks for the comments guys.

It's a pioneer F930bt. I like it so far (only had this head unit for about a year) it's really easy to use and the nav works well too.

Freshly trimmed in nappa 8)sorry for the crap pics. Thanks to Surrey Trimming...

WP_20140411_005_zps365a00b2.jpg

Couldn't get the indented emblem like before so went with a subtle beige thread:

WP_20140411_004_zps6ccc76f6.jpg

Should be near finishing the double din this weekend, so when it's done I'll fit it along with the seats and boost gauge. Watch this space!

Edited by n3p

Thanks guys. Goldie you're worrying me, they were Corrado Recaros! Although the angle of the pics makes the top half look a bit odd!

Thanks guys. Goldie you're worrying me, they were Corrado Recaros! Although the angle of the pics makes the top half look a bit odd!

Wasn't meant to be a worrier.. Probably just the pictures make them look different..

They are without a doubt Corrado one's Nick and a quality job they have done very nice mate :thumbleft:

That's good to know James, puts my mind at ease!

Thanks Dave, the double din is coming along nicely. Found that JB Weld is much better, just waiting for it to cure before re applying in places. Positioning needs slightly tweaking too. Excuse the pencils :lol:

de388fe00ea4fa82d89caa2feb82c323_zps8f215d36.jpg

Even with the cup holders out, it obstructs far less than I thought it would...

6272b94357f191df6f10467b28629540_zpsd20eef79.jpg

Edited by n3p

thats well graffted in to corrado dash :thumbleft:

Thanks man, I spent most of the day with a friend getting it fitted, but ran out of daylight so a lot of tweaking and minor adjustments are still needed (cup holder and a couple of fixing points).

Main thing is it all works as it should and fits nicely. Managed to bypass a function in the head unit so a DVD will play while driving if I so wanted (mainly to keep the gf quiet on long journeys!) Unfortunately my phone camera's flash decided to not come on due to low battery so I'll take some better daylight pictures when I next get a chance to. Here's a couple of really bad pics for now anyway...

bb938a6baddcf11dd7c4a83b8602e0d0_zps2fc0cfe4.jpg

082b51be52cb2c1e33373a6d9e7dcbc6_zps40344f5e.jpg

e1a1cf4f55236fda8ce33978d93ade81_zps54b13d52.jpg

Ok, some better pics. All works great, slightly unhappy with a little positioning but it was actually a lot harder than thought to fit. I angled the heater controls down slightly as it looked too weird flush. Will do for now!

Also bought some replacement speakers and a little sub. Probably not the best stuff, but ok for me.

964e649961e32178bfd2585917156200_zps3db5c8a0.jpg

e4b204151cf71eb3dca3cbc22a8ae783_zpsc042513f.jpg

Cup holders! Who needs a screen anyway ;)

5438da55c1e70dde3963a6189f6bbff8_zps2b7100a6.jpg

Sweet mate look's pretty factory glad you never gave up on this I can see it turning into something special keep it up Nick :thumbleft:

I didn't know your dash was leather trimmed Nick when I saw it last year at National Day after you started it and I heard the Charger whining that kind of got my attention and never really had a nosey inside shame you missed out on my Konig's as they would have looked right at home in there mate ;)I'm sure like everything else which you have done on this car you will get round to it and it will be a Quality job as before keep it up :thumbleft: