Sign in to follow this  
justy farr

CORRADO VR6 1995 67OOO MILES

BANNED

HI THERE IM NEW TO THIS SITE, WAS WONDERING IF I HAVE AQUIRED SOMETHING THAT MAY BE A FUTURE CLASSIC?

DONT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT CARS, BUT MY ELDERLY NEIGHBOUR HAS JUST RETIRED FROM DRIVING AND GAVE ME HER CAR AS A THANKYOU FOR ALL THE WORK IVE DONE FOR HER OVER THE YEARS. SHE HAS HAD IT FROM BRAND NEW. IS IT QUITE GOOD MILES FOR ONE OF THESE, 67000 MILES? IT HAS FULL VW MAIN DEALER SERVICE HISTORY SINCE NEW. THERES NOT A SCRATCH ON THE CAR WAS ALWAYS KEPT IN HER GARAGE TO MY KNOWLEDGE. STILL GOT ORIGINAL SUPPLYING DEALER NUMBER PLATES, DEALER STICKER IN REAR SCREEN AND ORIGINAL CORRADO CARPET MATS.

I WILL TRY AND POST SOME PICTURES IF I KNOW HOW. 1995 VW CORRADO VR6, BELIEVE TO BE ONE OF THE LAST. PURPLE COLOUR.FORGOT TO MENTION IT HAS GOT GREY HEATED LEATHER SEATS BUT I PERSUME THIS IS STANDARD?? IS IT WORTH ANYTHING, SOME GUY OFFERED ME £1000? :confused4:

Thats the equivalent of 6 numbers and the bonus ball on here. Don't sell it for 1K.

there have been a few low milers recently, depends how good it is in the flesh but yes worth more than 1k

well its worth alot more than £1000 if you hope onto auto trader and such like sites they will give you rough idea of a value. One lady owner, such low milleage and its been garaged its whole life i would say it will be worth a good bit! :D If you have a price in mind there is a for sale section in this forumn

Good luck

Lovely gift, looks and sounds a very nice car. If you don't know much about Corrados and weren't looking to buy one I could hardly blame you if you choose to sell it. Don't give it away as mentioned it should be worth a fair price dependant on condition.

Would love to get that gift :)

Worth around 5k pounds

If you can, keep it, don't sell it. If you can't keep it, don't sell it below 5k pounds.

she gave it you :shock: what did you do for her lol. if you do think about selling it i'm 100% intrested.

What it's worth and what it'll sell for are completely different values these days.

Def agree it's 5k territory BUT nothing is going for what it's worth these days.

Hopefully you are keeping it and no doubt if you keep it garaged it'll be worth the same 5k in 5 years :)

Lucky you btw! I wish it was me!

That's a really nice gift to be given. Definitely don't sell for £1k as that's not only insulting but if the person known about the car then very cheeky.

I'd say £5k is a little high myself. I'd put it at around £3.8k to maybe £4.5k myself, depending on whether you want a quick sale. Prices can also fluctuate depending on the time of year and right now isn't too good. It will pick up in spring. It is very low mileage with a good one owner history and in a very desirable colour. Blackberry is one of the best and most sought after. The only downside is a grey interior. Some people actively look for grey but it can put some people off too (my preference is black and cream and while I would have grey it would be my third choice). I'll compare it to some other cars to give an idea of value. Note that blues, blacks and blackberries are generally the most desirable colours, standard leather or recaro cloth more desirable than standard cloth, and leather recaros quite rare...

Recent cars for sale:

* Blackberry with black leather and around 95k miles - sold for about £3800 I think (not sure exact price but therabouts).

* Moonlight blue with black cloth and around 80k miles - sold in Jun-ish for £3200.

* Green with cream leather recaros and 92k miles (also one owner) - advertised on this site recently for £3000.

* Aqua blue with black leather and 72k miles - advertised on auto trader right now for £3995.

However, if I were given that car then I'd keep it. What a wonderful gift to receive. Might be interested if sold :)

Oh, and look at getting it on a limited mileage classic car policy and it will be very cheap to insure :)

And oh again... I'm jealous :D

Ive just been offered £1500 for a quick sale,Only been on here 1O MINS. thanks guys i think il keep hold of it for now and rap it up and forget about it in the garage.

Looks absolutely lovely- very similar to my first VR6. Same colour, same year, same interior.Wish I'd never sold it :( My perfect Rado right there! Defo keep it- make sure you let me know if you decide to sell though! ;)

Ive just been offered £1500 for a quick sale,Only been on here 1O MINS. thanks guys i think il keep hold of it for now and rap it up and forget about it in the garage.

Yeah if you do decide to sell wait till spring summer time as its always the best time to sell

Very cheeky.

Someone trying to take advantage of your naivety.

keep it in the garage for winter keep an eye on her ............come the warmer months , drive her and enjoy , then you will be hooked lovin that rado feel, oooooh the roar :luvlove:

Looks absolutely lovely- very similar to my first VR6. Same colour, same year, same interior.Wish I'd never sold it :( My perfect Rado right there! Defo keep it- make sure you let me know if you decide to sell though! ;)

get in line mate lol

Very cheeky.

Someone trying to take advantage of your naivety.

is it that difficult to look on piston heads to get an idea of prices before coming on here...? if he decides to sell people who know he got it for nothing will always bid lower...

nice car but never 5k..

Yup- gotta be worth £3.5k at the very least- maybe up to around £5K if the market picks up in the Summer.

How old was the elderly lady, if you don't mind me asking?! It obviously hasn't been driven loads but fair play for having a VR6!!!

Name and shame the people offering you 1500 quid please. They deserve to be run out of town for praying on forum members who don't know much about these cars.

Really makes me very angry.

I assume that was someone on this site which is a damn cheek. At least the person offering 1k may possibly not have known its value. But someone on this site certainly would. They have deliberately just offered you less than half its value trying to rip you off. There are several part time dealers on here and its probably one of them.

Name and shame the people offering you 1500 quid please. They deserve to be run out of town for praying on forum members who don't know much about these cars.

Really makes me very angry.

yeh but lets face it the seasoned on here will have a good idea who those people are, but this car i would say is worth 3.5k - 4k easilly.