duncgti

new to corrados help!

hey guys just bought myself a k reg vr6, its been left sitting for 3 years without being run or started so this weekend i have drained all fuel, removed spark plugs and turned over to build up oil pressure, cleaned the plugs and gave it a general check over. The car starts but has a rough fluctuating idle im going to put in new plugs and king lead to the dizzy does anyone have any idea what could be causing these problems? please help i need to get it home!

The rough idle will be the isv . Take it off and leave it soakin over night in carb cleaner , you can open the little flaps after n let all the crap drain out .Would also give her a chance to start behavin properly lol, a really good run is what is needed to help aswell, if she has been sat for that long the cobwebs need a good blowout .Also have a look at using the search to find all the answers you need . Rob .

Edited by robrado974

cool i'll check that tomorrow ive also heard it might be the maf sensor that needs a good clean does this seem likely? i'll also check for airleaks

Yeh, could well be. Only use contact cleaner to clean the MAF- they're very easily damaged. Check all the intake pipework carefully. Make sure all the pipes are clean, clear and dry, before refitting.

finally got the corrado back home today all be it on the back of a flatbed! will do the isv this week and try and get some pics up. other problems include no hazard lights, drivers door lock wont move, the remote Central locking doesn't work and the engine bay is like a snail graveyard! oh and it has a flat tyre but for the money cant complain. its a learning curve coming from a mk1 gti to a vr6 with lots of electric parts, but still love it!