seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

4 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Massive work going on here Sean fair play. 

Hate to say but I have seen this nice bit of kit 🤪

https://phenixengineering.com/shop/phenix-engineering-stainless-steel-clutch-line-vw-02a-right-hand-drive-rhd/

Nice. Where does the banjo go - there isn't one on the master or slave cylinder is there? There is a goodridge Flexi and hard pipe available through heritage for £71, but wondering if I can remake the hard line in kunifer - just the coiled part may be difficult - with the stainless fittings I've just bought (ordered a couple spare), and just get a custom HEL line made for £26. 🤔

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Nice. Where does the banjo go - there isn't one on the master or slave cylinder is there? There is a goodridge Flexi and hard pipe available through heritage for £71, but wondering if I can remake the hard line in kunifer - just the coiled part may be difficult - with the stainless fittings I've just bought (ordered a couple spare), and just get a custom HEL line made for £26. 🤔

Im not familiar with this area but but it states early so yours might be late so different - looks a good kit. As you have mentioned though Hel, cant go wrong with them brilliant quality company. P.s Hel throw in stainless steel banjo bolts and washers with any fuel line they make - just ask after they have given you a price and they throw in free, they are not cheap to buy them banjo ouch. 

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Grande GTi said:

Great Build mate 👌🏼

Cheers bud. 👍

Posted (edited)

One step forward, two steps back.

After dropping the subframe again to fit copper crush washers to the PAS pipes to rack, it turns out there shouldn't be any! I'm positive I removed a pair from there, but they wouldn't fit on one of the pipes. Checked the originals I was sure I took off, and sure enough they don't fit either. Checked ETKA & the Bentley and it only shows the little green O-rings. No idea where they've come from then! The pump banjo ones have been replaced and I have 3 left, so must have got confused and they came in a pack of 5! Anyway, fitted the subframe again, torqued it all back up to what I think are the correct tension (other thread), and put the engine mount bolts back in. Put the hubs on loosely and thought I was making progress ready to start making up brake lines tomorrow as all the bits arrived yesterday. Last thing left to do on that was reconnect the steering column to the rack. Noooo! It just won't go on. I'm gonna need to drop the subframe again a bit to get it on properly. Pissed off is an understatement. The flipping boot makes life twice as difficult but there's just not enough flex to get the splines in straight. I'll then have the task of getting the pinch bolt in which I know is going to be fun!  My neck is killing me from tensing up whilst trying to get it all together too, so I'm a bit fed up! 🤬 I was planning to take some photos today too.  🤔

Edited by seanl82

I had the same issue with the steering rack, absolute pain in the ....

Luckily for me I had someone to help (Goldie) and we hadn’t torqued the bolts up yet. We used the lower torque settings on the later page in the Bentley .

Next is the power steering pipes, which I’d held off as I couldn’t find those crush washers 🤣, nothing to stop me now 👍

1 hour ago, easypops said:

I had the same issue with the steering rack, absolute pain in the ....

Luckily for me I had someone to help (Goldie) and we hadn’t torqued the bolts up yet. We used the lower torque settings on the later page in the Bentley .

Next is the power steering pipes, which I’d held off as I couldn’t find those crush washers 🤣, nothing to stop me now 👍

It's difficult doing it all on your Tod like me. 

Thanks for the encouragement and understanding, can always count on you mate. 😉😆

Chin up Sean,I took the rear bumper off the storm a couple of weeks ago to find this 😭

B4C13D8B-066B-436B-8B9B-1F611782EFB6.jpeg

Same area, I’m in the middle of repairing about 5 different holes of varying size........horrible but essential job

7F30F5AA-CE1F-4BAA-9916-8D3C2EA09CE6.jpeg