TomBarker1991

First Corrado, Lincoln.... Now with Pictures!

Finally picked up my Corrado this evening pretty famailiar with the MK4 platform of VW's having owned a bora and currently driving a 1.8T golf on a day to day basis.

But the desire for something older finally took hold after helping a mate out with some of his MK1 projects and after a few days trawling on the internet and a few texts and a bit of cash exchanged I came home with a 1990 1.8 16v as it stands its current spec is:

Newly built engine (1.8 head and dual KR exhaust cams, 2.0l 6A audi quattro bottom end

Uprated headlights (uprated to what I'm not sure!)

Sitting on JOM coil overs, these may be changed out for something newer

118k on clock which for 24 years old isn't bad going

Recent new brake pads, head gasket changed full service and change of fluids amongst numerous other bits

It does however still need some TLC there is a small dent in the passenger side arch and it needs a respray for it to be as good as I would like it but thats all small details, it also needs to temperature gauge looking at as that currently isn't reading as well as the main beam not functioning correctly but I'm sure there is going to be more than enough help on here for me to get those sorted, ill try and get some pictures uploaded as soon as I can!!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by TomBarker1991

Welcome! I am not a million miles away from you, near Spilsby. Everyone here is really helpful, even if you are a muppet like myself!

Welcome Tom! Look forward to seeing some pics. The uprated headlight loom is just that. The standard loom drops around 2v before hitting the headlights as it takes a long way round. The uprated version goes directly from the battery via a couple of relays so you get minimal voltage drop. Chances are though if it's an old one that's been cut and spliced in, it'll be the cause of your main beam not working. Worth removing it and reinstating the original and go from there. Have a look in the wiki section on how to make your own, or the suppliers forum for good pre-deployment ones which will plug straight in. :thumbleft:

yes mate how did you know lol got a mk1 caddy aswell the d90's came on it when i bought it ive sold them and waiting to get my other set on ;)

hahaha crazy there not g60's there polished audi winters ;) yeah only just moved in about a month ago ive got a mk1 gti stored away aswell. We will have to have a chat pal. Ive seen the yellow camper in a drive way just down the road is that you ive not seen any other dubs at all.

No I'm on the high street got a black Mk4 1.8T I use day to day but the urge for something 90's got the better of me and I have absolutely no regrets!

nice one mate definitely have to have a chat some time, i dropped the rado of at the garage behind my house dennis his name is he seems a nice chap there is a leaking seal at the back of my engine, gearbox out job so with out a ramp quite difficult hes doing that for me. I like to do most things myself but not got all my tools and stuff over here yet if you need anything mate give me a shout always happy to help ;)

I know my dad used to take stuff there a good probably 10 years ago but had a slight falling out with him shall we say haha but there is a few real good guys local if you ever need help with anything mate :)

Awesome stuff mate definetly have to have a catch up got quite a few things in mind for the Corrado mainly wheels at the minute as I'm borrowing the set it's on!!

cool, im a bit of a wheel hoarder got a few sets that might go on mine, what you thinking for yours i might put the winters on mine or ive got a set of zender turbos that im refurbing at the mo

Welcome to the forum Tom

I'm not that close to you (Stamford) but help organise combined meets between MK1 and MK2 Golf Owners Clubs. We tend to do the auto jumble at Newark on a Sunday morning, plus have a pub meet at The Woodcocks, Lincoln. We've just had one a couple of weeks back, but will post up the next one if you're up for the meet - I wont be the only Corrado then! lol

Cheers

Andy

PS - We need to see pics of your car now!

Definetly up for getting to some of the meets although it will be going off the road soon to start the work on it!

Got a few ideas in mind possibly

Going to run it on bike carbs and a few other bits...

Mmmm sounds interesting!!

I'll post up in here when we have the next meet, you're welcome to come without the Corrado!

Well finally got round to throwing the very few pictures I have of it there pretty average as they are off my phone and the advert but they will do until I can get some more sorted out, its not on the rota's in the picture as they weren't included in the sale and not really my cup of tea but its currently on a set of borrowed 15" ATS cups, it needs some TLC but as a base go's its pretty much rust free with no major issues body wise just average paint and a small dent on the passenger arch and has given me a pretty good base to start with..

15253057058_2b9a5d66ef_c.jpg

15252889189_2310281ebd_z.jpg

15416586786_3524843677_z.jpg

15416425446_e0abce7e68_z.jpg

15439502925_8fb302be89_z.jpg

Edited by TomBarker1991