andrewjorgenson

Hi, 1990 G60 owner here.

Hi. I bought a G60 Corrado a month back. I've been lurking this forum before I even bought it. I'm 18 so I'm still going to HS but I'm also working a 25hr/week job(3:30-8:30 week days) which helps with the cost to keep this thing on the road.

I've never driven a vehicle during winter that wasn't equipped with 4WD or AWD, and I had a snowstorm yesterday. I regret to say I was really disappointed with the performance in the snow, primarily with the brakes. I didn't feel any ABS and it skidded sideways when I pressed the pedal in anything but light. Also I found myself constantly having to lug the engine to avoid wheelspin. I should mention I'm a relatively unseasoned driver, though I do think this vehicle does handle particularly terrible on the snow. Tips would be appreciated, also I'm pretty sure the ABS isn't even on.

I did notice that if I left foot braked and didn't completely let off the gas while slowing down it slowed down a lot better and kept the front end straight for the most part. Also I'm pretty sure it started over heating itself (I saw oil temps rising up towards 175 according to digital MFA display on a snowing winter day so I pulled over and let it cool down for a bit and then went home) from me lugging it. My dad said it might need a rebuild because it's over heating when more torque is being put on the bearings but I don't know how accurate this is because he's certainly not a mechanic. I thought lugging a engine in general is terrible on it and I don't want to have to do that to it every time it snows.

Anyways, aside from that when the roads are dry I've found it very fun to drive. It corners very well and compared to my old VW Rabbit pickup it has some really good torque. Also, the muffler fell off because the person before me didn't know how to weld but I love the sound. The acceleration sound reminds me of rally cars.

That's about it. And of course, here's some pictures of her.

rfmQFCfl.jpg

E4zn9rSl.jpg

aimnm0Ul.jpg

vQ60SaWl.jpg

vf0SFmll.jpg

EaHRni3l.jpg