EssexPaul

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

As per the site's direction, I am placing my first post here to say hi to you all and introduce to myself.

I am a proud and happy owner of 1995 VR6 Storm in green. It has come to that time where work is needed on a number of your levels and I need your advice and assistance. It is a testament to the cars themselves that it has lasted 20 years without any major issues.

I now have a list of things to get started on! The first being new wishbones required along with advice required as to what I need to get with them as well, bushes, etc. I have very little mechanical knowledge so please be very clear with any explanations!

I look forward to speaking and liaising with you guys on here. I shall try and get some pictures of the car on this thread very soon.

Best wishes,

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul!

There's a lot of content on her so it's worth doing a search for your topics as I guess a lot of answers will be here. The Wiki is very useful too - http://the-corrado.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42

I'm relatively new to Corrados so not the best to answer your questions but there's plenty of people here who can and will ;)

Looking forward to the photos :thumbleft:

Cheers

Andy

Thank you for the warm welcome guys.. It seems that my pc doesn't want to play ball tonight so I am going to try and upload pics using the app.. Here goes...

Punch Joey Essex in the teeth and I'll fit them for free!

Most people opt for r32 bushes in the wishbones ( can be bought ready off eBay. Might as well do anti roll bar links while you are there too.

welcome Paul - make yourself at home.

there is a plethora of info on here & fantastic forum members who help us all along the way

nice motor & ooooo red VR6 badges!! hold onto those ;) lol

Hi Guys, sorry to reply to this thread instead of starting a new one but I cannot work this app out plus I have an emergency.

Finally after getting my oil leak fixed, I now have a water leak. A bad one too.

Everytime it rains my passenger footwell gets wet. It even happens in light rain.

Is there a known problem that causes this? Is there a solution?

This part under the bonnet could be gone....

I bought one from VW a few months ago had 8 left in stock...Some on eBay too...

If it's not this seal its bad news a heater matrix.

It's definitely rain. It happened at the beginning of December following that real heavy rain.

Left it out in the drizzle deliberately to see which fault it was and it seems conclusive now. Although I have had leaks previously thought to be the heater matrix but could not replicate the fault when given to the garage.

I am going to have to try Ebay

It's definitely rain. It happened at the beginning of December following that real heavy rain.

Left it out in the drizzle deliberately to see which fault it was and it seems conclusive now. Although I have had leaks previously thought to be the heater matrix but could not replicate the fault when given to the garage.

I am going to have to try Ebay

Vwheritage have them

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/191819166/gasket-heater-blower-intake-golf-mk2-jetta-corrado/

Ok. Just going to turn the car around to get it under the car port before it rains tonight!

Other than the parts noted, will I need anything else that you know of?