Nweaver87

New to the Corrado world

Hello to all Corrado owners and lovers. I am new to this world. I've have always been interested in the Corrado but never had the means to own one until now. I picked up my first Corrado this weekend. It is a 1990 1.8 16v. I don't know a whole lot about these cars but it sure is one of my favorites already. It's in no way fast but still a blast to drive and I get looks everywhere I go. Like I said I don't know much about these cars so if anyone can point me in a good direction for parts and whatnot that would be fantastic. Also any advice from seasoned Corrado owners would be very welcome.

Welcome to the forum. I see you've bought Awingman's car, looks good. Did you know it was made from 2 cars that were welded together? only kidding, nice buy.

Ha thanks. Unfortunately I've already realized a few issues with the car but nothing too serious. At least not that I can tell yet. Is it normal for the valve cover gaskets to go on these?

Hello and a big welcome, you will get all the advise you need on here.

Valve cover is either end of it's life or just needs a tighten down. There you go your first bit of advise, might not be correct but there you go.:thumbleft:

Valve cover gasket is likely original so yeah, its probably at the end of its life and certainly not any anything to worry about. Cheap and easy to replace at least!

Thanks for the responses. I suppose I should have mentioned why I have my concerns for the valve cover gasket. I am getting oil in my spark plug tubes. I'm just assuming that it's the seals that are going which would be included with a valve cover gasket. If that's incorrect feel free to put me in my place about it. Also I was wondering if Corrado owners had get togethers or anything ever? If so what's the best way to find out about such events?

Your car seems very nice!

The valve cover gasket is actually pretty cheap and easy to replace. Make sure you get everything though: valve cover gasket, spark plug gasket and the oil seal.

It might be a good time to replace the chain driving the camshafts. It's also a cheap part.