Jon_vr6

Heater control broken cog

After my brothers heater cog suffered the dreaded heater directional cog breaking to then find out my spare (which i thought was in a1 condition) heater control had suffered the same fate. I thought it would be a good idea if it could be 3d printed but i dont know where to start, what company to try etc.

So just thought id see if anyone had any input as of which to try?

Cheers

Jon

Edited by Jon_vr6

I'm with you, I've just about got it drawn up in 3d as I had the same idea, with a bit of extra meat where it usually fails. Intended to draw it up then get some prices, so I'll await suggestions if anyone knows where to get it done

I did take a look at a polo heater control last time I was at scrappy but didn't have time to remove it, looks similar so thought it might have same cog which be a hell of a lot cheaper for parts and easier to get hold of

Similar sort of age, don't know polo ages but the one I looked at had a similar arrangement, just need to grab one and compare next time I'm at scrappy

If you want to get something 3D printed check out http://www.shapeways.com - an AWESOME setup. Upload your model, it verifies the suitability and then offers you a tonne of materials to print it. The whole process is exceptionally slick indeed. It's who I'm using for my speedo binnacle covers now and who I'll hopefully be using in the future if we get anything else scanned / remade :)

It's the 3D scanning / modelling we need to crack now.

Thought it was a good engineering solution and not a bodge.

You know what i mean mate. It is a good engineering solution and something probably my dad (engineer) would suggest but lets get a proper solution made up.