the_kernel114

Hello from British Columbia

So I bought my first car back from the company I work at, and that car happens to be a 93 vr6 corrado.

It's pretty rough but hey it was the first car I ever owned. Going to bring this car back to its former glory and also strip it out for the eventual half cage and auto cross.

e950822133cff9a861d4ccada279a20b.jpg

welcome

nice looking VR

are they BBS RX 2's? they look similar to those i put on my valver - which coincidentally was the 1st rado I owned many years ago & then brought it back about 2 years ago

welcome

nice looking VR

are they BBS RX 2's? they look similar to those i put on my valver - which coincidentally was the 1st rado I owned many years ago & then brought it back about 2 years ago

Thanks, and yes the are bbs rx2's.

Bought the car with the wheels on it when I was 16, pretty sure I have been asked if I would sell these wheels well over va dozen times in the first year of ownership haha.

Awesome! You ok sourcing parts there?

Welcome to the forum :)

There aren't many around in North America, I think only 2500 were sold each year from 90 to 95 in all of N.A. so unfortunately the parts are pretty expensive. Also not many distributor vr6's around either

Thanks, and yes the are bbs rx2's.

Bought the car with the wheels on it when I was 16, pretty sure I have been asked if I would sell these wheels well over va dozen times in the first year of ownership haha.

There aren't many around in North America, I think only 2500 were sold each year from 90 to 95 in all of N.A. so unfortunately the parts are pretty expensive. Also not many distributor vr6's around either

nice - I have refurb'd mine in the same style as you have - black centres, unpainted bolts & a polished lip. I love the way the titanium bolts look which hold the 2 halves together :)

are you able to get any cross over parts between the golf VR & US rado VR? IIRC they both have the AAA 2.8 VR lump in it. rather than the ABV 2.9 VR we had over in the UK

Welcome to the forum. We don't get many folks joining from overseas (we're like 95% UK members here) but I always enjoy seeing Corrado's from other countries.

Welcome , toured your part of the world a few times in a RV would love to live there. Never seen a corrado on my travels.

You will need to get some more pictures up with some of the spectacular backdrops on your doorstep.

Cheers Neil

nice - I have refurb'd mine in the same style as you have - black centres, unpainted bolts & a polished lip. I love the way the titanium bolts look which hold the 2 halves together :)

are you able to get any cross over parts between the golf VR & US rado VR? IIRC they both have the AAA 2.8 VR lump in it. rather than the ABV 2.9 VR we had over in the UK

Thanks I have actually been toying with the idea of going all black on the wheels with all new titanium bolts in bare finish. The paint on the car is pretty bad and there is some rust so i will probably repaint the whole car a different color as well.

Yeah a lot of parts transfer from the golf and jetta vr6's but still not many distributor vr6's around so I'm buying up parts whenever I can. Eventually this car will go standalone engine management and possibly turbo. Right now it badly needs suspension and front brakes though.

Welcome , toured your part of the world a few times in a RV would love to live there. Never seen a corrado on my travels.

You will need to get some more pictures up with some of the spectacular backdrops on your doorstep.

Cheers Neil

I'm not much of a picture guy but I will try to get a few when the car is in driving shape again.

Welcome to the forum. We don't get many folks joining from overseas (we're like 95% UK members here) but I always enjoy seeing Corrado's from other countries.

Yeah I realized it was mainly UK based after I joined but it doesn't matter still lots of tech ideas that I can use and a good knowledge base in general.

I'm originally from Holland (although I moved to Canada at 3 months haha) I go back to visit every couple of years, hopefully the next trip I will have enough time to go to the UK and tour around a little bit.

Also if anybody is coming to southern British Columbia for holidays bring over a 2.9 liter ABV intake manifold haha. They flow better then the 2.8 liter AAA manifolds.