Backitin660

Anyone running vibra-technics engine mounts or power flex bushes?

I'm close to getting my 20vt engine in the corrado now, looked at new power flex subframe bushes and vibra-technics mounts, they're quite expensive, just wondered if anyone was using them, are they worth the money, do they last and any other cheaper brand options of the same quality?

thanks guys

I really wouldn't bother with the subframe bushes. They don't seem to last very long at all! With the VT mounts, I'd say go for it with the front, possibly the rear, but don't bother with the Gearbox mount. Theres no real weight on the GB mount, so all it does by getting harder ones is transfer noise and vibration into the cabin. I have all 3 VT mounts on mine, and I'll be replacing the GB one for standard shortly.

Yeah, i might chuck some mk3 TDI mounts on and see how it goes, regarding the subframe bushes, do you mean you wouln't bother with power flex? just replace with std ones?

Yeah standard ones are much more compliant, and will last far longer. I don't know why people bother with polybushes, all I ever hear is how they are trashed within months of being fitted. For track purposes I suppose its fair enough, but with the state of our roads, they just don't re-form where they're stretched so much and so often.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a rear beam on my vr6 would it not be worth putting the powerflex bushes in the beam as i was also gona go down the powerflex bushes route