Cuda75

6-7 year Corrado owner

Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I am an addict! I can't stop working on my 1990 Corrado G60. I am not sure if she just likes being a garage queen or if I just like working on her.

Underneath my Corrado you'll find that most everything is new or at least been thought about being replaced several times. She drives great now and am happy to say that she is near completion. Mind you she is just a summer daily driver.

A couple of major things I have done include a new BBM trans, power steering rack, freshly rebuilt Supercharger (built by me), braided brake lines, new calipers, all new wheel bearings, front upper strut bearings. And lots of other mechanical fixes here and there. She is now without the a/c. A/C lines were rusted through and I didn't feel like replacing the whole system.

So thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope to find how to post pics soon !

From the username and terminology in the post, I'm guessing you're based out in the USA? :) Welcome to the forum - we don't get that many overseas users.

Got any pictures of your Corrado?

Yessir, I am on Thr wrong side of the pond! I do have pics, trying to figure out how to post them.

Upload the pics to an image hosting site like photobucket or Flickr, then copy the link url onto the forum page mate.

Oh and welcome by the way! Look forward to seeing the pictures. :thumbleft:

Welcome along . Going on what Jim said about your username, did you choose it after the car or the fish ? lol .

My father owned a 68 Barracuda in the 70's. His CB handle was Cuda and mine was Cuda Jr.. So now Cuda is my interweb handle.

My father owned a 68 Barracuda in the 70's. His CB handle was Cuda and mine was Cuda Jr.. So now Cuda is my interweb handle.

Awesome. I get extremely weak at the knees for American muscle cars, especially stuff from the 60's :)

I am a total car enthusiast so most cars make me feel that way. I like to own cars that are few and far between. The looks I get when I am in the Corrado are priceless over here. But when it comes to American muscle, it really gets the ol blood a flowin! I have grown up in a few classic cars and I still love them.

I used to be a paint and body man about 8 years ago. I painted for about 10 yrs. I work in a warehouse now, but on the side I restore 60's and 70's AMC cars for my parents.

Would love to see pictures of some of the other stuff you've got or been working on! Still never had the chance to go out in any of the classic American stuff but it's a long held dream to own something, some day (though with the prices some of them are fetching these days, I think I may have to write that off!) like a Charger, Challenger, Mustang, Cuda, etc...

I'm the same when it comes to muscle cars . You can't beat the sound of Hemi in in a Charger . A while back I was filling up with fuel and a bloke was sat in the forecourt of the garage in a mustang , I had to go over and have a chat . He told me he paid 14k inc import duty for it ! , ok so it was only a small block and the chrome was a bit sketchy, but the paint was pretty good for original.

Edited by robrado974

I will have to retrieve more pics, but for now I have these. I did not paint this car. The restore on it is about 40 years old.

IMG00841-20100803-2008_zps2j6i0zil.jpg

It has a 13:1 comp engine that will only run I n avation fuel.

IMG00513-20100405-2016_zpso3mbc4hi.jpg

It is a 1969 AMC Hurst Sc/Rambler. I am currently working on a 1967 Rambler Rouge convertible for them.

Here are some shop pics of what I have done for my parents. You can see the red 67' convertible at the top, than 83' Spirit, 69' AMX that an inline 6cyl with a turbo, and of course my 91 civic Si hatchback! ;)

Screenshot_2016-03-31-11-57-31_zpsbyernfxw.jpg

Photo1247_zpsjppac4df.jpg

This is where I am at with my interior. Pulled all the Grey carpet and replacing with black carpet that I am cutting and shaping myself. Laying down some dynamat. I will be rewiring all the stereo and speakers with proper wires and cable while trying to hide everything.

I would also like to paint the interior panels black.

20150914_210619_zpsdorz3oih.jpg

Just sorting stuff out!! ;)

Hi There cuda, see your keeping busy.

i have noticed you have a different lower panel under the glove box to our euro corrados.??

wonder why that is?

I have noticed that as well Stuartscales! I would imagine that Harrier is correct in his thinking. A euro spec is now on the list!lol

Wish mine was looking as good as yours Stuart! Someday!! ;)