badsamaritan

Corrado headlight switch

Hi guys. I have a problem with my 1989 corrado 16v. My wiringis giving me hell.

Problem started after fitting in heated seats. I couldn't find any of the wires mentioned on the forum, A2 resources and other forums as being on D connector for the +12v power connection. On my car D connector has only 3 wires, 2 black/ yellow wires and 1 black/ red wire. So i ended up connecting the power wire to black/ yellow on connector R10. The seats worked but i noticed that when i turn the headlights on, the foglight fuse, #10 blows up immediately. Disconnected the heated seat connection but it still blows the fuse. I have checked the wiring for the foglights icluding the wholeP connector loon and all seems okay. Checked the headlight switch loom, seems okay. Used different headlight switches but problem persits. Ad soon as i turn beadlights to any position the foglight fuse pops. Im worried it might fail MOT with no rear foglights. Please help as i have exhausted all my ideas and approaches to this problem. I have used 3 different switches but the are secondhand although tbey do work apart fron blowing fuse 10

Could you have trapped a wire when putting it all back at the fuse box or somewhere. Seems strange that with what you have done is disconnected and it still does it. That leads me to consider damaged wiring !! Good luck in tracing it. ..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Could you have trapped a wire when putting it all back at the fuse box or somewhere. Seems strange that with what you have done is disconnected and it still does it. That leads me to consider damaged wiring !! Good luck in tracing it. ..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Im really at a loss pal. Traping a wire is highly unlikey, i have given the wiring more than a once over

I have rechecked my headlight loom again and found something strange. The connector R10 black/yellow wire has been removed from blue connector and spliced instead to red connector black/yellow wire H1/03. I'm awaiting delivery of a new headlight switch loom so I dont know yet if this could be the problem but all along it had been working properly on that set up.

I did make some changes recently though. I removed aftermarket immobiliser which was linked to ignition switch and other places, so i dont know if that changed the dynamics.

Fingers crossed!!

I have rechecked my headlight loom again and found something strange. The connector R10 black/yellow wire has been removed from blue connector and spliced instead to red connector black/yellow wire H1/03. I'm awaiting delivery of a new headlight switch loom so I dont know yet if this could be the problem but all along it had been working properly on that set up.

I did make some changes recently though. I removed aftermarket immobiliser which was linked to ignition switch and other places, so i dont know if that changed the dynamics.

Fingers crossed!!

Hi guys,

Anybody to chip in, my problem still persists even after putting new headlight switch loom. Been looking at the A2 resource diagram and according to it I only see 1 wire (A2/08 white/yellow) going to the front fog light. My question is where does the other foglight connect to. When the fitting the front foglights I had seen another connection in engine bay similar to the one with white/yellow but it has brown/white and white/red wires. It didnt produce any current and i assume it was broken some there and so splice the wires onto the other foglight. I fitted the foglight because PO had fitted a bumper with no room for foglights so the wires were just dangling around

have been searching and found that the front fogs come from connector A2/08 in fusebox as a single white/yellow wire and splice somewhere along the line to another brown/ yellow wire for the right fog light. So i have been using the outside air temperature connection for the other fog light, hope this didnt damage anything. Can anyone please tell me where abouts this splicing takes place so i can begin tracing as to what happened to the other wire. PLEASE,PLEASE!!