pfnsht

My Candy White VR6

Also to add Ronal now own Speedline Corse . They made some really famous Saab alloys as well that are a design classic but cant think of the name. 

Well updates updates. Sold my house and offered on another and that side hopefully is progressing. 

The white Corrado is being put back together (i'll be doing the interior). This pic is before its flat back and polish. My painter is busy at the moment so a few more weeks to go. I'm not that bothered as pretty busy elsewhere in my life.

ece74860-3581-46a5-89a0-821a7481244b.jpg

I do love the Corrado and have found they are starting to multiply.... I picked up this 16v from a forum member a couple of weeks ago. I'll let him introduce himself below. It has a few issues and had sat for a little while but is a lovely car which he didn't want to go off to a breaker. It has a rusty door but is good everywhere else, the bonnet and boot were seized (fixed), water leak in the cabin and we've tried to start it and found a good spark but fuel isn't coming through.

The car has been a London car for most of its life so low miles, less salt but usual scuffs and dings from urban life. My plans are to source a replacement door, get it running nicely with a full service, cambelt etc. and tidy the dings and scuffs. I like OEM or OEM plus so won't stray too far from that, much like the white one.

Plans? Well I plan to keep hold of it and enjoy it. I've already planned a road trip with my brother to either Scotland, Wales or Europe where he .takes this one and I take my white one. I do get rather attached to these old VWs. It's going to be really interesting to see how it compares to the VR6.

At the moment progress will be slow as the car is stored 260 miles away in my father in laws barn due to me moving house but i'll get it road worthy over there and will drive it back to my new house once we've moved in.

Some pitures anyway 

Day 1 - Transporter

IMG-20200718-151742-LARGE-thumb-jpeg-474

And today (taken by my 74 year old father in law so i didn't really get what i wanted buy hey ho). I am keeping him topped up on alcohol free beers (his choice - not mine!) for storing it for me but he's really enjoying working on it. He is the one who got the bonnet/boot open and got it to the conclusion of no fuel. He's pretty mechanically minded (12 vintage tractors, worked on lots of cars through necessity in his younger years and a trained welder out of school).

20200727-171522.jpg

received-582529779071305.jpg

received-795186641287425.jpg

oh if anyone can identify if its dragon or classic pearl green that would be great as I am on tne lookout for a replacement door in that colour. 

Posted (edited)

Always nice to have a spare! 😆

Difficult to tell on the pics for colour but looks more like Classic Green. Have a look either on the drivers side inner wing (should be an orange sticker) or on the boot sticker for paint code. Dragon green is LC6P and Classic green is LC6U. 

Edited by seanl82

Thanks Sean. Ill get my father in law to poke around. Hopefully classic as there seem to be more doors about in that colour!

Looks stunning mate with the new paint congrats !

Cheers Keyo.

I've already started noticing differences and haven't seen it properly in the flesh yet. The slam panel is different to my vr6. The latch hole is further forward on the vr6.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Always nice to have a spare! 😆

Difficult to tell on the pics for colour but looks more like Classic Green. Have a look either on the drivers side inner wing (should be an orange sticker) or on the boot sticker for paint code. Dragon green is LC6P and Classic green is LC6U. 

I'll second all of that. Looks a  great project

It is indeed classic green. Will be looking for a drivers door in that colour. Thanks!31e96de9377a2a9e7fb1e10232fec53c.jpg

3 and 4 do look a better match. Which door do you need, drivers or passenger?

It's a drivers door I need. The one on the car is quite rusty on the lower section.

If i can avoid paint that would be super but if colour match isn't right id have Gary my painter to blend it. The rear arch on the car does need a little love from a bash but was looking to sort myself as only a small section.

Wow two projects now! Good for you!
That fresh white is fantastic, you must be happy!
Good luck hunting down your new home mate. Cheers

Thanks ABV. Well technically 3 projects with the mk2 gti too!

Some updates from the Bodyshop. It will be ready on Friday but I'm going away so will collect after that. Unfortuantely the ISV damper box exploded today  - Vince tells me when that happens it is a sign of the crank sensor failing so I will get a Bosch replacement part on there asap.

He will be giving it a full detail before it comes back to me.

20200812-112719.jpg
20200812-112724.jpg
20200812-112735.jpg
20200812-112754.jpg

Thanks guys! 

Shaun my hand was forced on this one - I bought the car knowing it had a blow over but thought i'd be okay with it but the quality of the job was so poor around the seals and in the door shuts that it drove me mad. Whoever deceided to that job wants shooting - the car was solid (except fuel filler area) so I guess it had a bit around the front wings and had a quick blow over to tidy it up. 

I have form on doing things the hard way. The mk2 golf in the earlier pages of this thread wants full resto but I could have bought a decent one for the less than cost it will end up being to put right. Do enjoy the journey though.

Well the white one is all finished at the bodyshop. Im really happy with the results.

Car not driveable as the bloody isv damper box exploded so awaiting that before outside pictures.65e45470d9bee8cf62d2888a3052123c.jpg28f996df30a163bdc5a04db6878aedf5.jpg7a511b6f0c7b349ab11347242fb7ae87.jpgaa1a6c8d900e2da0a6d3fc8acccc43bb.jpg

The white VR6 are so rare and yours is just stunning! Looks like a new car. You must be busy with those 3 cars now 😉
Cheers mate

I thought about this when I opened my filler flap. I agree it looks a good quality job, totally refreshed it.