Jump to content
Keyo

Black magic returns home

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Reckon 1K - caroline Weston was selling some on fb - I would price them at 1.2  k but let them go for 1K - I sold a set for £750 just wanted them out the way before my iredale ate them for breakfast. 

Black leather is murder in summer even in a car with aircon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dox said:

Black leather is murder in summer even in a car with aircon

My fav recaro set for the Corrado is the same pattern at the MK2 Golf 16v optional recaro (not the ultra violet)- very nice and have never seen one in a Corrado as of yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dox said:

Black leather is murder in summer even in a car with aircon

Man after my own heart - 100% agree. I only have leather in cars with decent aircon. I want cloth recaro's really and specifically the late style cloth. Did see a set last year on ebay for 1600 and wish i made the effort to drive to the lake district to collect them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

Man after my own heart - 100% agree. I only have leather in cars with decent aircon. I want cloth recaro's really and specifically the late style cloth. Did see a set last year on ebay for 1600 and wish i made the effort to drive to the lake district to collect them.

Lol, I own 2 cars with black leather...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cressa said:

Mmm😊

20200710_170602.jpg

How and when did you get your hands on them Cressa and what was the damage . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are the ones I want. Gimmie Gimmie haha

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought them probably 3 years ago from clumpy off of the forum.  1300 was the damage.....ouch, but well worth it in the end. 

I have had genuine VW Recaro heated seat elements fitted to them which make them toasty really quickly. 

A very expensive treat for the car and me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, 1xshaunx1 said:

I believe that to be my old car M50 OTH. Never had the chains done or any other engine work while I had it. 
sold it to a guy who said he was going to finish it off and cherish it. 😂

sold it 2 or 3 years ago for £7.5. 
 

It’s  had at least 3 owners since I let it go. It’s interesting to note that none have kept it longer than 12 months or there abouts. 
I and the last owners have sold it for what it was worth. It’s not the finished show winner that 12k would buy you. It’ wasn’t also a under sold £7.5 .8k bargain. 

I had 2 Corrado’s for 8 years, one had to go. You yourself mentioned the other day about running 2 classics, it can get a bit much. 
Space, time and money being  the usual factors.

I also thought that I’d sold it on in a lot better condition than I bought it, which is reflected in the fact that I sold for twice as much as I bought it for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, Keyo said:

Because it sits in front of the main house you need planning but I should be Ok because other houses on my road have garages on the front of the property - if it was round the side or rear you would not need planning if its below a certain size and height- also to add if it is uninhabited building and the internal floor space is less than 30 sqm then you do not need to apply to building regulations - the magic size is 5850 x 5300 external perimeter-  drawing below I dont want something to monsterous on my front drive- do you think garage below is big enough to house two vag classics ? Thanks 

Budget spot on 25k - 30 k but could be done cheaper but I like to use materials that match the age of my house which means oak and clay - can be done cheaper with larch wood and roof cladding - I will be also asking for 225 mm x 225 mm (also matches double brick engineers of the dwarf wall) Oak uprights as heavy duty is the way to go with a double swl. 

bay5.jpg

Update on the planning permission it has been denied as says not in accordance with building in front of the building line to national recommendations. I have 16 houses on my road and six have garages in front of the building line. .  My garage is not close to any neighbours house as I have a back garden next to where the garage is proposed to sit, as you can see the neighbours have gates into that garage- also across the road you see another neighbours detached garage - Im going to resubmit the plans which are free of charge and if that fails more them lightly appeal under the grounds of it is in keeping my neighbours have garages - I even sent pictures of the other garages to planning pre application - oh the joys ha !  Going to resubmit in block and render and painted white to match house and keep the oak beams at the front as that construction of building will be good for insulation much better than wood. 

 

 

garage appeal.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Update on the planning permission it has been denied as says not in accordance with building in front of the building line to national recommendations. I have 16 houses on my road and six have garages in front of the building line. .  My garage is not close to any neighbours house as I have a back garden next to where the garage is proposed to sit, as you can see the neighbours have gates into that garage- also across the road you see another neighbours detached garage - Im going to resubmit the plans which are free of charge and if that fails more them lightly appeal under the grounds of it is in keeping my neighbours have garages - I even sent pictures of the other garages to planning pre application - oh the joys ha !  Going to resubmit in block and render and painted white to match house and keep the oak beams at the front as that construction of building will be good for insulation much better than wood. 

 

 

garage appeal.jpg

wounder m8!!

basically same response i got 😞

i too expressed that there are other garages of similar nature in my area & also that i had consulted neighbours none of which had any objections

a customer in our shop has been fighting for planning for 18 months, he suggested the councils pre-application meetings which you can pay for where you sit down with someone from planning & go through your proposal

it is a joke really as if your neighbours are ok with the proposal then the council should back the fuck off but they act like little hitlers!! (apologies for strong wording lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Update on the planning permission it has been denied as says not in accordance with building in front of the building line to national recommendations. I have 16 houses on my road and six have garages in front of the building line. .  My garage is not close to any neighbours house as I have a back garden next to where the garage is proposed to sit, as you can see the neighbours have gates into that garage- also across the road you see another neighbours detached garage - Im going to resubmit the plans which are free of charge and if that fails more them lightly appeal under the grounds of it is in keeping my neighbours have garages - I even sent pictures of the other garages to planning pre application - oh the joys ha !  Going to resubmit in block and render and painted white to match house and keep the oak beams at the front as that construction of building will be good for insulation much better than wood. 

 

 

garage appeal.jpg

Go and see them, ask what you need to do to comply, then resubmit.

 

theyre doing a job just like the rest of us

Edited by Dox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

wounder m8!!

basically same response i got 😞

i too expressed that there are other garages of similar nature in my area & also that i had consulted neighbours none of which had any objections

a customer in our shop has been fighting for planning for 18 months, he suggested the councils pre-application meetings which you can pay for where you sit down with someone from planning & go through your proposal

it is a joke really as if your neighbours are ok with the proposal then the council should back the fuck off but they act like little hitlers!! (apologies for strong wording lol)

8 months that sounds very stressful - Ive got a fixed price off the appeal expert in my home town for £680.00 plus vat - I suppose I should follow it through because I really need to know where I stand if the house will ever be allowed to have a detached garage- seems a bit unfair when my neighbour has a shantey town nextdoor which I have to look at every morning and I cant build a garage which has been specced out with materials in keep with the age of the house . 

Sure Dox will have a job to do but I will get my appeal man onto them as they are the experts- I reckon its 50/50 - if not will have to sell the classics really as not going down the storage route or selling my house that I fully refurbished only a few years back - in hindsight I should of purchased a house with a large garage but at the time I had modern cars. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

8 months that sounds very stressful - Ive got a fixed price off the appeal expert in my home town for £680.00 plus vat - I suppose I should follow it through because I really need to know where I stand if the house will ever be allowed to have a detached garage- seems a bit unfair when my neighbour has a shantey town nextdoor which I have to look at every morning and I cant build a garage which has been specced out with materials in keep with the age of the house . 

Sure Dox will have a job to do but I will get my appeal man onto them as they are the experts- I reckon its 50/50 - if not will have to sell the classics really as not going down the storage route or selling my house that I fully refurbished only a few years back - in hindsight I should of purchased a house with a large garage but at the time I had modern cars. 

 

18 months m8 - the chap said that as long as you can meet the council's objections then they cant keep denying it

hmmm personally i would be wary of paying that amount for an appeal - you can meet planning yourself, i think its £26 or something if what i was told is correct

im thinking of booking a meeting & possibly reapplying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a brighter note I was looking at a VW 1991 accessory  brochure earlier and was wondering can we still get VW his and hers shell suits ?  

 

sheel.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

18 months m8 - the chap said that as long as you can meet the council's objections then they cant keep denying it

hmmm personally i would be wary of paying that amount for an appeal - you can meet planning yourself, i think its £26 or something if what i was told is correct

im thinking of booking a meeting & possibly reapplying

Sure mate its a kick in the teeth paying for something that you might not get but at least its a fixed fee - ultimately at least  100 percent I will know that I tried everything I could- at the moment the council are not meeting and from what I can see off my refusal is they are letting planning decide at the moment without their say because it says that in the notes but worded differently  - all covid related.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

18 months m8 - the chap said that as long as you can meet the council's objections then they cant keep denying it

hmmm personally i would be wary of paying that amount for an appeal - you can meet planning yourself, i think its £26 or something if what i was told is correct

im thinking of booking a meeting & possibly reapplying

Thats what they said mate - one way decision. 

If you had requested to speak at the Planning Committee, the guidance available on our website explained that the application might be decided on behalf of the Council by myself and this has been the case on this occasion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

These lot need to rethink their name. 

car.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our extension was refused, neighbours and others (his drinking / crown green bowling chums) 19 years ago, I went to see them asked for copies of the objection letters and had a polite chat regarding what I needed to do to get them trough. 6 inches further in from the boundary and an extra 3 feet back from the original frontage. Passed second time even with further objections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dox said:

Our extension was refused, neighbours and others (his drinking / crown green bowling chums) 19 years ago, I went to see them asked for copies of the objection letters and had a polite chat regarding what I needed to do to get them trough. 6 inches further in from the boundary and an extra 3 feet back from the original frontage. Passed second time even with further objections

Its a real grey subject in front of the building line though Dox- couple of positives is  one of the neighbours complained about light at sunrise no bull even though their house is on the other side of the road three doors down and another about blocking view of reversing cars even though it's 1.5m  back from the front wall- planning did say  that these concerns were unfounded- so its that grey area of them saying not in keeping with the road scenery and me saying oh yes it is here are 6 properties with garages and my house has a larger front then a couple of them.  One neighbour actually said its ok to build it as long as it has a flat roof - so thanks for the input but I don't want a cube on my front garden please neighbour.. Ironically opposite me they knocked down two huge Victorian mansions in the 80s and built a cul de sac up there and directly opposite me two fugly looking three story houses with cheapest badly designed houses ever built in the whole of mankind.  % years ago they knocked down another mansion and built 12 flats although that build was done really well to be fair .  Just don't understand Dox why they say its not in keeping house 4 doors away and another 5 on the other side.  She said on the report that these garages were built before the government guidelines so tough titty for me. 

As in regards to the roof height I have even designed the pitch with low pitch that would have a membrane underneath as to shallow for just a clay tile - Ill concentrate on knocking up some more scaffolds and pay this appeal expert to sort out it as will have nothing good to say to them to be honest . 

B'ham refusal 

The siting and design of the proposed detached garage to the front would be out of keeping with the existing character of the street scene and as such would be contrary to Policy PG3 of the Birmingham Development Plan 2017, saved Paragraph 3.14C-D of the Birmingham UDP 2005, guidance in Extending Your Home adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document, and the National Planning Policy Framework.

 

 

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh bugger. This is ridiculous - having visited you to get some bits there are loads of houses with garages in front. You've got loads of room for this.

I guess you might get somewhere chatting to the planning department. Another idea - maybe extending the front of your property might have less planning restrictions? Not sure. You could build an attached garage on your drive, but attached to the house where your internal storage area is? Would have remodel the lawn to become the drive though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

Oh bugger. This is ridiculous - having visited you to get some bits there are loads of houses with garages in front. You've got loads of room for this.

I guess you might get somewhere chatting to the planning department. Another idea - maybe extending the front of your property might have less planning restrictions? Not sure. You could build an attached garage on your drive, but attached to the house where your internal storage area is? Would have remodel the lawn to become the drive though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

Thanks for your support mate . Looking at the drawing I need to speak  to the drafter as my front drive comes to the corner of the front bay and he has the garage wrong on the plot as the garage would be at least  a meter or two closer to the boundary and garage not covering as much of the house - he hasn't helped matters to be honest as the drawing is in favour of the planning department not mine . I wouldn’t want to change the main house chap tbh I like her the way she is . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very happy with the Gamma 4 radio that came on a USA Corrado and Europe- the plastic is the same as the dash and green illumination spot on = Great sound quality. Came on a B4 Passat in the UK and maybe other models- for some reason UK Corrado came with a Sony face off which I'm not really liking to be honest., 

Corrado 95 UK brochure. 

gamma1.jpg

gamma2.jpg

gamma4.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...