peterpp

VR6 Newbie

22 minutes ago, James. said:

Sure. Fire me some pictures and part number and we’ll take it from there. Thanks.

Here are some pictures has been stored indoors. As mentioned sold unknown condition therefore has been priced accordingly at £65.00 for parts . My 95 VR has a black sticker with a part number starting 1H form memory so no point me keeping it. 

un1.jpg

un2.jpg

un3.jpg

un4.jpg

Edited by Keyo

18 hours ago, James. said:

I thought your wife wanted the garden back ?

Oh she does, Started with 7 cars, the golf I broke leaves 6, golf mk7 estate will go before insurance renewal in april, leaves 5, Storm once stripped and gone leaves 4 - one in each of the garages, one on the drive and one parked on street and she has here patio back.

All I've got to do is keep away from ebay, Marketplace and any other auction in the country (covid has been a real help with this).

I now have a working pump, but it seems the the ECU if the footwell is also faulty - it is showing a left rear wheel speed sensor fault, but the sensor signal appears to be correct.  I got another ECU from ebay, the left wheel rear sensor fault went away, but it showed a right rear speed sensor fault!  I think this proves it is an ECU issue?

Just wondering if anyone on the forum might have an ECU for sale?  Part Numbers are 1H0 907 379 E / 10.0941-0323.4

Check the plug for corrosion, windscreen leaks leave the ecu vulnerable to water ingress.

ECU is common, suffix E has a crude version of traction control, the whole set up was also fitted to early MK3s with rectangular wing mounted side repeaters, the ecu on MK3s lives under the rear seats in the dry. Expect to pay around £30.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:02 PM, Dox said:

Check the plug for corrosion, windscreen leaks leave the ecu vulnerable to water ingress.

ECU is common, suffix E has a crude version of traction control, the whole set up was also fitted to early MK3s with rectangular wing mounted side repeaters, the ecu on MK3s lives under the rear seats in the dry. Expect to pay around £30.

Thanks for the advice.  I have sourced an ECU from a Mk3 Golf for just a bit over £30 and (having replaced the rear sensors) the ABS warning light goes out after ignition.  However a test drive has shown a pedal position sensor fault.  I have seen the very helpful posts about the solder joints coming apart in the switch, so I am hoping that will be the issue.  Just in case it's worse than that, if anyone has one for sale please let me know! 

The pedal position sensor just needed re-soldering - I now have a fully functioning ABS system! 😊

3 hours ago, peterpp said:

The pedal position sensor just needed re-soldering - I now have a fully functioning ABS system! 😊

Well done and thanks for letting us know things worked out for minimal outlay