Jump to content
ABV-VR6

The rear beam bushings

Recommended Posts

Yes shouldn't be an issue if we have a drawing or dimensions

 

Hasan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've ordered the thing to be posted to the Netherlands, then forwarded to me in Blighty. Will let you guys know when it arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The postage is probably becuase they dont currently want to supply goods to the UK post brexit. It's all a bit new and processes are being put into place but Ebay sellers have to charge import VAT on their sales to UK customers, tag that import VAT has been paid and hope UK customs have their act together to not make the customer pay import VAT again. That last bit isn't that clear and there's rules for sales under/over £135 plus rules for online shops where the responsibilities seem to be different for each and the higher value (over £135) seem to be open to differnt options (i.e. seller pays or can decide to make it get paid at customs).

All a bit odd. If i was a seller in Europe I'd probably put things on pause for a bit until everything was clear! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MJA said:

The postage is probably becuase they dont currently want to supply goods to the UK post brexit. It's all a bit new and processes are being put into place but Ebay sellers have to charge import VAT on their sales to UK customers, tag that import VAT has been paid and hope UK customs have their act together to not make the customer pay import VAT again. That last bit isn't that clear and there's rules for sales under/over £135 plus rules for online shops where the responsibilities seem to be different for each and the higher value (over £135) seem to be open to differnt options (i.e. seller pays or can decide to make it get paid at customs).

All a bit odd. If i was a seller in Europe I'd probably put things on pause for a bit until everything was clear! 

I agree with you, that may just be it. Combine the super slow world wide shipping issue caused by covid, add the Christmas online shopping and top that up with brexit and it's giving you a good way to get bad reviews on your eBay account... 

Well at least Bruno had a way to get around it and I'm curious to hear the comments on the tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a mess at the moment - have seen major delays here in Ireland because a lot courier freight used to go via UK. Some German delivery companies will also not ship to red zones at the moment, though they are not much better off themselves! I bough a nice secondhand pair of binoculars on ebay.de there just around New Year's, and DHL delivered it to somehwere in Germany and then back to the seller - very annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its confusing- for example should we now get things vat tax free from Europe and then they add on the vat - my gut feeling is at the moment a lot of ebayers will have deleted not EU vat then and then vat also added on by ebay automatically on checkout 20 percent so getting double bubbled ??? 

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For goods under 135 the seller is responsible for charging the import VAT (also 20%). For goods over 135 its free reign seller could collect or let it get charged at customs. Or hell even both may happen.

The UK VAT return template doesn't cater for these changes.

I'm sure processes will be put into place eventually. My Gamma 4 came from Germany within days and no custom charges and VAT was included in the price. I paid 95 inc VAT. Before brexit im pretty sure they were that price anyway (no vat back then)..

.. so you can see why sellers outside of the UK might not want to supply at the moment. Difficult to be competitive if some are losing 20% by perhaps not being on top of things.

Understand goods from China are on thr up too. I bought some kwik lift ramps and they've gone up 100 quid since I purchased.



Its all a little messy.



Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Keyo said:

Found this website in Germany - its searches all the part companies in DE and is a price comparison  site. 

For example put  in my car details in search then choose cooling -  dasis rad ony £31.00 !!!!

 

 https://www.daparto.de/Kuehler/VW-Corrado-53I/2-2166-823?kbaTypeId=4221

"Ab" means "starting at" - handy web site though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MJA said:

For goods under 135 the seller is responsible for charging the import VAT (also 20%). For goods over 135 its free reign seller could collect or let it get charged at customs. Or hell even both may happen.

The UK VAT return template doesn't cater for these changes.

I'm sure processes will be put into place eventually. My Gamma 4 came from Germany within days and no custom charges and VAT was included in the price. I paid 95 inc VAT. Before brexit im pretty sure they were that price anyway (no vat back then)..

.. so you can see why sellers outside of the UK might not want to supply at the moment. Difficult to be competitive if some are losing 20% by perhaps not being on top of things.

Understand goods from China are on thr up too. I bought some kwik lift ramps and they've gone up 100 quid since I purchased.



Its all a little messy.



Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

Yeah, 100-120 was about the going rate for a decent Gamma IV - it will all sort itself out eventually. my biggest issue at the moment is stuff getting lost/delayed because of shipping restrictions due to COVID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fendervg said:

"Ab" means "starting at" - handy web site though

Ok chap but here is the check out and showing that price. One would have to check if they do international shipping. 

https://www.daparto.de/Warenkorb

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the seller just got back to me, 5 days later... 40 GBP to ship here, I think I'll make due with my micky mouse setup! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Well the seller just got back to me, 5 days later... 40 GBP to ship here, I think I'll make due with my micky mouse setup! 

Not cheap then.

We'll get some numbers together on making them here once i get hold of dimensions and see what we can do about postage to you JP.

 

Hasan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Well the seller just got back to me, 5 days later... 40 GBP to ship here, I think I'll make due with my micky mouse setup! 

Better price than I thought for postage to Canada from him. Still expensive  though like you say. But the item itself I thought was cheap if it works. 
I managed with stuff I had in the garage too. That’s the beauty of a full garage, there is always something, just where is it 😖

🤣🤣🤣
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...