Keyo

Black Magics new mistress Sassy Saturn G60

Posted (edited)

I would like to introduce my G60 Saturn Silver with a jabba chip and small pulley running 195 bho . 

Car is accident free with the service history and dealer booklets. 

Car has the normal age related rust spots and needs the sills _ arches doing and the charger service rebuild - lovely original car and the Recaro interior is like new - was purchased for a very good price and as the clock is 185 I have no worries about daily driving - everything works on the car as it should .  Has solid paper work and has a Miltek stainless steel exhaust- Koni and apex shocks and head gasket rebuild in 2015- lots of parts ! This is not an investment car because 185k on the clock and the mot has stated the rust on sills but its not that bad at all - its perfect for me as a daily for a few years but plan on spending 3 k on it to get it in very good order- drove back floorless today and cooling everything working even the sunroof and spoiler- heater controls . 

All headlights , fogs and seals are mint . The interior is the cleanest I have ever set my eyes on its immaculate with no wear. 

362DC258-756D-437C-87AF-B62D5E3A73AB.jpeg

B4900F6C-1C7B-48E5-BBA1-DB1BE699360F.jpeg

BA4D5B2D-760D-44A1-8BD4-37A1141CAB54.jpeg

7946C991-CB18-4392-B714-5E88FA68E6A6.jpeg

84B123A0-B6A0-4F95-9EF5-B5973C377A69.jpeg

35444DC9-ACDF-4D83-95E9-15F3455F7FE8.jpeg

ED27EBE3-6F0B-4820-9647-4B23F6206613.jpeg

DD0377EF-0474-4C1B-B4DA-A5877C73B2CB.jpeg

9C201E3A-1C40-470C-9BBF-A68952EC336F.jpeg

87B06C1D-8231-462C-8B9C-E9DEA503FB68.jpeg

F4DAFB13-5200-4D93-810B-B5728DEE8AC6.jpeg

41D09D68-3078-434E-9123-C1C39616FF30.jpeg

CA762B4C-632C-4459-96E7-53385FCE5F5E.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

What a shock 😉

You done well there perfect for daily duties and nice seats to sit in. Although you say not an investment if prices rise yours will be a desirable combo with those seats, the future attention (don't go mad on it like ABV though) and that colour. Win win and a 3rd win you get to daily a rado.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MJA said:

What a shock 😉

You done well there perfect for daily duties and nice seats to sit in. Although you say not an investment if prices rise yours will be a desirable combo with those seats, the future attention (don't go mad on it like ABV though) and that colour. Win win and a 3rd win you get to daily a rado.

Absolutely not going mad on this mate - get the rust out and do any old bushes and belts / charger- the cars has just had new disc and callipers refurbed on all four  corners and brake lines which is a bonus. 

Edited by Keyo

Yeah good plan something you can use with and be confident in. Now you've gone and got 2 rado's I was almost certain i was selling one of mine eventually but gone full circle. My missus prefers the colour of the green one anyway. 

1 minute ago, MJA said:

Yeah good plan something you can use with and be confident in. Now you've gone and got 2 rado's I was almost certain i was selling one of mine eventually but gone full circle. My missus prefers the colour of the green one anyway. 

Lol dont let me be an influence I will probably be crying next week after reflection. Serious thoug cant go wrong with this car and that interior . The Mk2 valver which is mostly fully restored will be tucked away from the rush hour asbo brigade. 

The other dilemma sebrings on the MK2 or G60 hmmm .........

Mmmmmm, what a fantastic find, so jealous!!! Satin silver and a Recaro interior!

I’m in year 26 of owning a Corrado and still want to have a G60, one day I’ll persuade my wife we can justify more that one Corrado at a time.

My opinion: Valvers and Rallyes belong on Sebrings, G60s belong on BBS!

Wow where on earth did you find that one Keyo.

Love it great colour great spec what more can you ask for

Just like mine - late body early interior 

Give us the full details of it!

Best of luck with it

Serious classic vw addiction here

4 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Mmmmmm, what a fantastic find, so jealous!!! Satin silver and a Recaro interior!

I’m in year 26 of owning a Corrado and still want to have a G60, one day I’ll persuade my wife we can justify more that one Corrado at a time.

My opinion: Valvers and Rallyes belong on Sebrings, G60s belong on BBS!

Thanks Tone . 

It was most certainly the G60 box I wanted to tick - very surprised at how well it pulled on the motorway and after a chat with Jabba and checking their files and in correspondence with receipts I have with car file they did indeed confirm it has a small pulley and chip and estimated at 195 bhp.  I really could not turn down this car with the saturn and recaro whilst casualy looking through the classifieds-  was a dash and grab and not planned - I will keep the car as it is thankfully the breakers didnt purchase it for the interior. . The service is well overdue in regards to charger 2008 (mileage only done 45k ) will get them to do a few other jobs at Jabba- Stealth VR and G60 Jabba. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Wow where on earth did you find that one Keyo.

Love it great colour great spec what more can you ask for

Just like mine - late body early interior 

Give us the full details of it!

Best of luck with it

Serious classic vw addiction here

Thanks Geri - all I can say is this car has never been owned by a tradesman as the interior is like a time capsule from factory. yes chap late body never even realised that - so they are the same bonnet and wings as a VR mate ? 

The car was on Autotrader and was in St Ives near Huntingdon so Jabba was local to the owners that all seemed to be round that area. Not sure how many owners the log book will reveal . Purchased for 4.3 k . asking was 5.5 k. Leaves me some meat on the bone for charger rebuild and body work. 

Edited by Keyo

Hopefully Black Magic and Sassy will have off springs and I can retire off all the parts they produce. 

Not content with one set of Recaro’s,thought selling the Porsche was to build a garage not spend the money on another Corrado,what is it about these cars that makes us not happy just owning one ! Great example by the way 👍🏻

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 Absolutely gorgeous and gone to a great home.  I'm going to join the jealous group. Well done mate

8 minutes ago, Cressa said:

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 Absolutely gorgeous and gone to a great home.  I'm going to join the jealous group. Well done mate

Thanks Cressa. 👍

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

Not content with one set of Recaro’s,thought selling the Porsche was to build a garage not spend the money on another Corrado,what is it about these cars that makes us not happy just owning one ! Great example by the way 👍🏻

Thanks NMD

I have admittedly eaten into the garage fund raised by the sale of the 997 - however with the availability of builders and the  huge incease of building site material leading to 40 pecent increase in new build costs  I convinced myself just go buy it and worry later when things settle in the market - ha.  The vag classics have gone into a bit of a slump after a massive spike in value so good time to buy with more then average numbers mk2 and corrado coming to market.  

Edited by Keyo

Lovely car - well wear and best of luck with it! I have a niggling suspicion that the seats were what tipped the balance!

36 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Lovely car - well wear and best of luck with it! I have a niggling suspicion that the seats were what tipped the balance!

Not going deny it was a major drawer- really wanted to own a G60 and first impressions are very positive. 

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Looks lovely 

Thanks Shaun, 

Thankfully have some good parts from the 16v I broke last year- mainly the rad fan support needs changing out which is hard to obtain and also I have a passenger door as the one on the G60 has had a break in as there is bubbling around the handle and the seam has gone - the sills have surface rust not sure how deep but the A pillars have no holes in them - the handbrake rises to high so that needs adjusting and the only damage in the interior is the handbrake trim. The rear beam bushes 100 percent need doing - will check out the top mounts today. 

It may need new handbrake cables, if it’s had new callipers, discs and pads the adjuster on the cables should be near the top of the thread not the other way around. 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, MJA said:

Also a pic of it on Nivek.Old.Gold's flickr stream. I don't know what he does but have spent many an hour flicking through his pictures. 

https://api.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/41071955910/in/pool-vw_corrado/

Yep that’s her - looks like the last owner kept alloy caps indoors in case they got stolen . he didn’t spend  much on the car to be fair  owner before  good custodian  - never spent the money getting the charger serviced  or timing belt hence I made sure I was only buying the car with  a special discount on asking as I was not going to cover the parts he should of changed years back .  . 

Edited by Keyo

Too right and fair going. I would worry about the centre caps as well on a daily driver - I think they are hard to find? Dunno I'm generally not a BBS fan except on the mk2 and E30s. Odd but that's just me. 

Mk2 keeping an eye on these Randy buggers . 

14924139-346D-4A53-A8CF-8884B1740359.jpeg